need some good cheap intercooler boots

dieselbeef

dick doggin
they swell pretty big when i do a boost check at 40 psi..need a whole set with clamps i guess
thanks
gary

For intercooler boots do as follows. Find your local big rig repair shop, walk in and ask for 3" Diameter Silicone heater hose. They sell it by the inch, purchase to sections of 4" long for your straight hoses. Usually less than $30 for both.

Then go to PureDieselPower.com and buy the reducing 45* boots from Garrett because you can't find them any where else for less....I've looked. I run this setup on my puller @ 60psi+ and on my tow rig with stock clamps...NO issues and much cheaper than $250 for a clamps and boots.

Doesn't Geno's Garage still sell full boot/clamp kits for pretty cheap ?

I used an industrial woven radiator hose and I've seen them hold over 100psi. It's about 7 bucks for about 6 inches so figure that to 4 connections.

Just run stock uppers and buy the peirs lowers. and use stock clamps. Stock all the way around is better than the BD boot kit.

I would like to put a 45 degree with a vband flange on it that goes to 3" then I could just use 3" straights everywhere.

Back