Need some help tranny swap

dodge900

925hp
I'm doing a tranny swap 6spd to 48re. will I need to replace the shaft on t case? If so where should i look for one? Can I use the old drive lines? And have y'all ever heard about cryogenic freezing the tranny shafts?

All state gear. San Antonio tc. Ask about tcase input.

im told if u freeze(400 degrees below) the input output and intermed it makes ur shafts bend a little so they dont break on u. somethimg bout changing the molecular structure. is this true? has any one heard about this?

Last edited:
If you need the t-case input i have one that came out of my 03 with the 48re. $75 shipped.

Where would you find a freezer that can freeze that low of a temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a manual to auto swap on my 06, you have to swap out input shafts on the t-case and the front driveshaft will have to be 1 1/2" shorter and the back one 1 1/2" longer.

The 48RE stock sized output is a smaller 31 spline output, the G56/NV5600 use a considerably larger diameter 29 spline output.

I might have a used 31 spline Tcase input at the shop, email me if you're interested I'll see what I can dig up... have to split the transfercase for install too.

You can also swap output's on the tranny to the "big daddy" billet output and still use the big tcase input...

48RE is a 23 spline, I have one sitting on my desk. Manual is 29 spline, NV4500, NV5600, and G56.

damnit, now i've got to get to the shop and count one lol

It want let me pm u do give me a call I'm intrested in the 6 speed stuff I've got a 05 qcsd auto 4x4 ill buy ur stuff or ill trade some auto swap parts.