Need some help with my A/C

dodge.01grizzly

I have an 05 commonrail. My a/c works somewhat decent on the drivers side but blows hot air on the passsengers side. I thought everything was all one unit but it sure doesnt seem like it with the big difference of temp from one side to the other. Anybody else ever run into this problem?

My 06 had the same problem, the system needed a dose of refridgerant.

Well, thats what i thought too but thought if that was the case it would just be blowing out warm air everywhere, not split up like it is.

Well, thats what i thought too but thought if that was the case it would just be blowing out warm air everywhere, not split up like it is.

I've had the same symptoms when it's low on charge. My brother just the other week had the same issue in his '06. I serviced it and now it will make you nipples hard sitting in the passenger seat. My dad's '05, same thing.

Same problem, the passenger side is warm but the drivers side is pretty cold so
I put some of that freon in from walmart and it helped. But now my whole unit doesn't really blow that cold

when their low on refrigerant the entire coil isn't being flooded therefore only partially being used. more the likely the part of the coil that is ducted to the drivers side is the beginning passes of the coil so its cold there. by the time the refrigerant gets to the rest of the coil its already superheated too much and not flashing off. put some refrigerant in it. at idle suction pressure should be around 30-35psi with 134a.

also, pop out your blower motor and stick your hand up the hole, make sure you dont feel a flap or door flopping around, if so pull it out, you will increase airflow with it.

Back