Need some help

kthkelso

98', 12v, PDR cam, 10 plate, 3k gsk, HX-40

With the GSK I am having trouble with the engine popping or missing at the top end. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I dont know but mine did the same thing when I adjusted the wastegate to below 45psi. I know, I was spinning it too hard. I thought it might be floating valves or the wastegate was fluttering. Do you have the heavy springs on all valves?

I have replace the lift pump, overflow valve, fuel filter, and cleaned the screen. I am running about 16 psi at idle and about 30-35 at 2500. I have the timing set at 16* right now. I have tried stock timing (13.5*) and it just changes the RPM to miss. I notice if I get on it I don't have the miss until the very end of the RPM range; but if I let off the throttle and try to hold a constant RPM over 2900 RPM it will miss no matter what I have the timing set at. I do have the 60lb springs, and I still build about 45psi boost.

You'll need more static timing to keep it from popping. However, you'll need studs & orings before before too much more timing.