need some help

Finkfarms

Well i am looking at buying a 89 w250 Cummins with the automatic. The truck has 190000 miles on it. I dont know much about these trucks or what has even been done to this truck other then what was listed in the ad i found it in. This would be my first diesel and want a truck that will be nice truck to build up some and have as a daily driver. What are some things that i should look for ask about when look or call the guy? also how hard would it be to put an intercooler onto this truck and what would i have to do.

Attachments

• 89  1.jpg
    89 1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 89  2.jpg
    89 2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 89  3.jpg
    89 3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 89  4.jpg
    89 4.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
hey thanks for that link. Does any one have a guess on what milage i could get out of it. i dirive twenty miles to school one way every day

You'll get somewhere around 20mpg if you drive normal. Even more if you bump up the timing. Unless you put pretty tall tires on it, the rpm will be high at freeway speed because of the 3spd trans, so your mileage will suffer the faster you go.

edit: I think First-gens make great first diesels, 300rwhp is easy with almost no mods, and everything is simple and cheap on them. Just talk to plenty of people before you start modifying it, and watch your egt and temp gauges.
What's the asking price?