Need some info for machine work..

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Does anyone know any particulars on the width and depth of the orings groves. What size wire does most people use.

When line boring cam jurnals do you just use stock cummins bearings and just bore the holes out enough to install stock bearings the same size as the one in the back??? Or is there something special going on there????

When you machine the intake runner off do most go back with a gasket to seal against the head with the new intake??? Any particular place you can buy these gaskets???

Does anyone have a part number to the cummins valve seats that people are upgrading to from stock to get away from dropping seats???? Or is there not a cummins seat that is better than the stocker????

Well now,

I can only respond in reference to the o-ring subject.

I use a BHJ tool setup, the cutter I use is .039" wide, cut to .031" deep. This allows .010" wire protrusion when using .041" wire, also from BHJ.

This is what has worked for me on over 70 o-ringed heads. I was taught this combo and it has worked very well in my experiences........so far anyway.

I'm open to input from others though.

For fire-rings, typically a .120" wide cutter and a .105" fire ring with an installed crushed thickness of .088'-.090".

Hope this tidbit of experience helps ya,
Cousin Billy

Line bore the cam tunnel, then hone to min spec for the factory cam bearing. make sure to line up oil holes at least 50% when installing cam bearings. It is hard to get them all perfectly lined up. Install with normal cam install tool.

BTW the parts guys at cummins have think you are dumb when you order 7 bearings, and the computer screen in front of them says it only requires one.

BTW the parts guys at cummins have think you are dumb when you order 7 bearings, and the computer screen in front of them says it only requires one.

:hehe::hehe: I have a good friend up at the cummins house and i am sure he will get a kick out of this one.

Most of the time you just use silicon, a friend had some gaskets made. PM me if you want one, and I can get a price.

Back