Need some info on a 05' 6.0L

HuminsCummins09

County boy can surive
Im thinking about buying one and I just had a few questions! Such as fuel milage, common problems, towing, and how it does in cold weather? and any other info will be appricated! I took it for a short test drive and i wanted to see if it was geared high or low so i backed it up roughly 40yards and it seemed to be geared high but im not totally sure While i was backing it up there was white, bluish smoke kinda smelled like oil. ive heard it was maybe a injector problem but not totally sure. Thanks guys

Oh there known for a few problems Head Gaskets, Egr Valves Sticking, EGR Coolers Splitting, And Turbo's Coking up.. If you find a good one there great engines.. I had a '06 that was a PITA, But i just bought another '06 F450 6.0l today

Thanks! Im trien to find a good truck to get to base and back without any problems.but if i do buy the truck im gonna get warrenty on it for sure!! My plans were first get studs then exgaust, air box, programmer or a chip and thats pretty much it and get decend fuel milage.

And roughly how much does a 6.0L go for such as price wise?

Back