Need some input on Dana 60

boostanggt

I broke my Dana 60 pretty bad last weekend. I pulled the axles and the passenger side was a real course spline and the drivers side looked about 35 spline. I need to replace both complete axle shafts, u joints, slip yoke, and driveshaft. Is it worth spending the extra money and buying a nice aftermarket set or just replace with factory? Any input is appreciated.

I'm not worried about doing a hub conversion, I'm trying to find out if buying aftermarket axles are worth the extra money or not. Or is leaning towards a pull out axle the way to go?

after market axles are worth it...but by doing the hub conversion it allows you to get rid of the very weak 2 piece passenger side axle...it replaces it with a 1 piece 35 spline shaft that is WAY stronger than any OEM piece..

imo if your gettin serious with offroading it just get rid of the stock d60 and go find a ford HP 60..it would be worth it in the end

after market axles are worth it...but by doing the hub conversion it allows you to get rid of the very weak 2 piece passenger side axle...it replaces it with a 1 piece 35 spline shaft that is WAY stronger than any OEM piece..

imo if your gettin serious with offroading it just get rid of the stock d60 and go find a ford HP 60..it would be worth it in the end

King Pin!!

Back