Need some nitrous help

jambbii

milk
Well I have a chance to play with some nitrous pretty soon for free. I forgot what kit it is (NOS). I figure since my turbos are having a big problem with my fuel now that maybe that this can help clean things up. What shot should I start with? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Start small, go big. Once you're too big, it will stall the engine. Don't refire until it's safe. Try 30, 45, 60, 73 jets. I think you'll be happy around the 60 mark. Also keep your manifold drive pressure monitored- don't over-drive the 'chargers or they puke.

brandon.

Josh,

Give us a call next week and I would be happy to give you some setup and tuning tips.

Doug

Holy chit Brandon got the letters properly arranged lol

Regarding drive pressure... are you saying integrated wastagates can't bleed it off fast enough? How about an external gate?

Dont forget that the amount of fuel is relative to the pill size. For example, A 13mm p-pump with showerheads for injectors will blow the back side out of a 66 turbo.:ft:

John Robinson said:
Dont forget that the amount of fuel is relative to the pill size. For example, A 13mm p-pump with showerheads for injectors will blow the back side out of a 66 turbo.:ft:
Translation: If you have a lot of fuel to burn and you add a lot of nitrous, the turbine side will not flow enough to expel the resulting exhaust gasses and the turbo will disassemble itself... I think. So will the internal gate not keep up and if so will an external gate flow enough to prevent said carnage? Any rocket scientists around here?

duke1n said:
Translation: If you have a lot of fuel to burn and you add a lot of nitrous, the turbine side will not flow enough to expel the resulting exhaust gasses and the turbo will disassemble itself... I think. So will the internal gate not keep up and if so will an external gate flow enough to prevent said carnage? Any rocket scientists around here?
Use a back pressure gauge and try to keep it less than 1:1.5. If the external gate does that, then yes.

brnaodn.

joefarmer said:
Use a back pressure gauge and try to keep it less than 1:1.5. If the external gate does that, then yes.

brnaodn.

You ever check yours?? Think you should've??

Chris:poke: :poke:

Ah great I have to buy another gauge:bang Thanks for the replies. I am getting a cheater kit right now. I do have a 50mm external gate but I still am thinking I might over spin that ht3b.

Signature600 said:
You ever check yours?? Think you should've??

Chris:poke: :poke:
How's that 6k rpm knock coming along... :poke:

brandon.

joefarmer said:
How's that 6k rpm knock coming along... :poke:

brandon.

It only knocked at idle...loose flexplate bolts:bang :bang I thought that at one time...but then it quit doing it, and came back a little later. Sneaky devil threw me off the trail!

As long as my DDP4's come in, we're good to go...it might sound like a 2 cylinder Deere, but it's running!

Still working on the governor springs!
Chris

LOL We completely trashed this thread... I have a feeling that we'll trash a few more things on the dyno this weekend.

brnaodn.

My DDP4's got here:D

BTW, this thread isn't trashed...but I just forgot to ask about Nitrous since I don't have o-rings yet. As soon as they're in, the bottle cometh!

Chris:evil :evil :evil

BTW2...hopefully we figure out why Caleb's truck is missing too. Me thinks a bad injector!

how much of a shot will my truck take after i upgrade my 64 to a 66????

ZEX makes a 200horse shot!! I think instead of spending all the money on twins..... im just gonna upgrade the ole beast to a 66mm and put a shot of Nitrous to it.

Who makes the best "cheaper" (like $500-$600 bucks) kit for us??

Lance

The NX kit appears to be the best thing going. They make some damn good stuff, and stand behind it. Their controller KICKS ASS.

sooo............. which kit is the best from them without emptying my wallet??

anyone ever heard anything about ZEX kits???

Lance

also.......... with my setup, and the mods in my sig except for im getting my turbo upgraded to a 66mm..... what is the best kit, biggest shot, and stuff that would work good for me while at the strip??
also i will be getting laser cuts dv's.

what yall think?

Lance

oldsmokey97 said:
also.......... with my setup, and the mods in my sig except for im getting my turbo upgraded to a 66mm..... what is the best kit, biggest shot, and stuff that would work good for me while at the strip??
also i will be getting laser cuts dv's.

what yall think?

Lance
"Start small, go big. Once you're too big, it will stall the engine. Don't refire until it's safe. Try 30, 45, 60, 73 jets. I think you'll be happy around the 60 mark. Also keep your manifold drive pressure monitored- don't over-drive the ['charger] or [it will] puke."

I recommend an NX system from Doug @ PDW. He knows nitrous & has stupendous customer service.

brandon.