Need your opinion on a used single car trailer

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
What do think the fair market value is for a seldom used 2000 Anderson 18' CF Series open car hauler in VGC for its age (stored inside so no rust and factory paint still looks good for its age) assuming brand new wheels and tires?

It's identical to this stock photo here:

http://www.andersontrailers.com/Images/trailers/CHF718.jpg

http://www.andersontrailers.com/carhauler_trailers/CF718.pdf

I would like to know because I can pick this trailer up in the $500-600 range minus wheels and tires. Northern Tool and Bass Pro Shops have deals all the time on mounted 15" steel trailer wheels and tires for less than $100 per.

Thanks

I think if you don't buy it you should give a brother a phone number :D

Good price for the trailer Andy, but what are you going to pull it with? Haven't seen many stangs with trailer hitches :poke:

Billysgoat said:
I think if you don't buy it you should give a brother a phone number :D

Good price for the trailer Andy, but what are you going to pull it with? Haven't seen many stangs with trailer hitches :poke:

The owner needs money today since Ford isn't happy he's a full month behind on his 06 6 liter payment. I really don't have a use for it but think for the money I can't go wrong purchasing it. If I decide to buy it today then sell it later I'll give you first option at what I have in it since you are in MS but if you say no I would try make a quick $500.

Moosetang was dumped June 30 when my kidneys rattled loose after 9 months/36.6K miles . However, my local Ford dealer still has it for sale and its on Autorader.com for $500 less than what they put in it which was NADA very clean/excellent trade.:hehe: Like my 6 liter I got lucky and dumped it just before the bottom fell out of the resale market.

Crap. BUY IT if you can get it for $500 - $600. That is a great deal. I'd jack it up and spin the tires and make sure the bearings are all tight and lubed and the jack runs all the way up and down, but other than that, what could be wrong? And for that price you could even put all new bearings and still be ahead! What would that trailer cost new, I'd guess $1400 to $1600???? Too dang much I'm pretty sure. Steel has gone through the roof in OK.

i would buy it heck i am looking for a trailer and they are around 1500 down here.
hook a brotha up

Does it have brakes on both axles? Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

My diamond plate car hauler with 5k axles, 5" channel frame was over $2k and I make the damn things:)

TooMuchBoost said:
The owner needs money today since Ford isn't happy he's a full month behind on his 06 6 liter payment. I really don't have a use for it but think for the money I can't go wrong purchasing it. If I decide to buy it today then sell it later I'll give you first option at what I have in it since you are in MS but if you say no I would try make a quick $500.

Moosetang was dumped June 30 when my kidneys rattled loose after 9 months/36.6K miles . However, my local Ford dealer still has it for sale and its on Autorader.com for $500 less than what they put in it which was NADA very clean/excellent trade.:hehe: Like my 6 liter I got lucky and dumped it just before the bottom fell out of the resale market.

So what are you cruising in now?? Didn't know you had dumped the stang.

Buy it, I'll be in Hotlanta sometime soon and gladly give you your money back on it.

great deal i bought mine in 98 i think an it was 1695.00 i believe only problem ive had was the tongue jack collasped but easy fix 500/600 in a heart beat

I dont know if you guys are still on this trailer deal or not but I just found it. If you dont buy that you are crazy. An 18 ft dovetail with steel bed around here where they are usually cheap goes for about 25-2700 bucks. depending on axle weight. My 20 ft WOOD BED with metal 4 ft dovetail was 2295. with 4000lb axles and only one with brakes.

Back