New 1st gen owner

PRINCETON_JAKE

I have a 1992 3/4 ton 2wd reg. cab long box automatic.

Mods so far:

big amsoil cone filter mounted right on turbo
strait piped the exhaust
tweeked the injection pump a little
installed Sunpro boost and egt gauges
18" Mazzi Hulk rims
fat Nitto terra grappler tires

Next mods:

install Denny T fuel pin (ordered)
3200 rpm governor spring (ordered)
install 12cm wastegated exhaust housing (have on bench)
4" down pipe (also have)
get custom 3" duals made
redo the intake,(make in cold air)
put on intake elbo and boost tube from 2nd gen (also have)
put on low pressure piston style lift pump (ordered)
install fuel pressure gauge
install injectors (bosch 190's)
turn up the injection pump more
buy alluminum tranny pan
hook up trans temp gauge (also have)
buy an aftermarket valve body
buy an aftermarket torque convertor
upgrade the flex plate (second gen?)
buy moog heavy duty front springs (to sit level)
fix some dents and repaint
eventually get the head o-ringed and studded
mabye propane injection
possibly nitrous

Any input or advice would be great.

What are you wanting to know??

Nothing just thought I would share what i have, and see if anyone had any advice.

Also if i get to the point of pulling the head off i might look at cam choices, and upgrade the valve springs.

Dont leave 12cm stock. You need to drill the divider and upgrade the compressor to a GDS Stage III.

Or get a HX35/HX40 hybrid.

The fuel shutoff will shear the rubber off because you have turned it up. Happens on nearly 75% of the people I see. Just gut it now and add a pull cable and attach that to the shut down lever.

Why the Bosch 190's?

Get either a Gorend or Suncoast TC. You will be happy and it improves the truck much.

The second gen intake and tubes dont help much. Get Cooler Tubz.

The head doesnt need to be oringed unless you want to hit 50psi. I suggest (if HG is in good shape) new head bolts and torque to 125 lbs/sq ft.

Also, check out www.1stgen.org, its where most of the competition minded VE gurus hide.

I was allready planning on drilling the housing.

I havnt heard off that solonoid problem before.

I got a good deal on the bosch 190's.

I got the 2nd gen intake for free so im going to use it in the winter. Im building my own tubular intake, but with dual tubes and no grid heaters for the summer. KInd of a cross between banks twin ram and the cool tubz. Im also building a header too.

I work at a engine machine shop so I can do head work myself. plus I get parts for cost since its at a parts store.

Im not a maember at 1stgen (yet) but i do search the sight daily.

I would get that intake off the turbo and build a intake pipe kit for it. I think you will be happier that way because the intake is constantly sucking in hot air and will damper spool time and power.

Good deal, I am actually in the process of making a heat shield out of aluminum for my bhaf. Ill have to post pictures when I get it all done.

I'm going to make a 4" smooth tube so it fits in the stock box, and reuse the stock plate thing to seal of the hot air.

all sounds good what are your HP goals and use for the truck? if your doing injectors you might as well not bother with the 12cm housing get a 62mm S300. even with PODs and my pump maxed a HE351 wasnt big enough

The 12cm Housing Was Been The Best Upgrade I've Done So Far. I Dont Want To Spend Much Money On It, I Have Too Many Other Toys. I'm Going To Do A 5 Speed Swap, And I Have Some Other Parts, Then Dyno It, I Would Like 300 Hp And 600 Ft Lbs, But I Doubt It Will.