New additions to my Ex (pics)

leros

Lookin for Power
I just recently finished a new lightbar and bumpstop extensions (in between doing V & B codes and my Caltracs), got them back from the powdercoter and installed them. I also added a hefty 3/4" piston King Steering Stabilizer and welded the mounts in a different position so I won't bash it into rocks or the dirt.

I'm happy with how everything came out except the color is slightly different than I wanted, Oh well, It's growing on me!

Here is a link to the pictures:http://www.pbase.com/leros/new_lightbar

Looks sharp! You shouldn't have any problem lighting up the night now.

Yeah as kasey stated, how do you like that stabilizer?

Thanks guys for your nice comments. As far as the stabilizer goes so far so good. It seems as if it doesn't wander as much (typical of the Ex) and it seems like I have less "play" in the wheel than before I installed it. I'm running 80#'s in it now and the tech at King said I should run 100-120#'s. So I'll play around a bit with the pressure. He's also talking nitrogen and I'm running air which he said was fine as long as it was dry.

Now if I could just get that idiot to balance these 37's correctly (for the third time) the ride would be perfect. Well except for the rubbing! :doh:

I just had some Equal installed in my tires last week to help balance them and its a night and day difference.
You may want to consider it

nummit said:
I just had some Equal installed in my tires last week to help balance them and its a night and day difference.
You may want to consider it

The Sweetener? That would take an awful lot for four tires!

equal is awesome. I've had it in my 36" swampers for about a year and a half and it rides great.
So with more preasure in the stabilizer will it turn much harder?? or will it just make it less likely to wabble??

kasey200 said:
equal is awesome. I've had it in my 36" swampers for about a year and a half and it rides great.
So with more preasure in the stabilizer will it turn much harder?? or will it just make it less likely to wabble??

I'm not sure, that's why I want to play with the pressure to see what works best. It doesn't wobble now the tires are just out of balance. I drive along the freeway and my pass seat is shaking pretty bad, wasn't that way with my 35's. It still turns pretty easy with the 37's.

What is equal?

equal is a sand like balancing powder that you put inside your tires when you mount them. when the tires get rolling the sand balances them. it is used in big trucks mostly but is starting to come into the light truck market. the downfall is.... you have to used dry air. If you fill your tires with air that has moisture in it, the powder will clump and make the ride worse.

Equal?

Nummit-So would I have to break the tires and rims down to install equal? Also what about condensation with weather changes? I know my air compressors often condensate quite a bit with changes in humidity so i'm thinking that a tire is more or less an air tank. Did they put nitrogen or something diff in them?