New cam or water/meth?

2Tone12V

If a guy had an extra $600. Would you spend it on a new cam or a water/meth kit? Ive got II SPS turbo, II injectors, and II injection pump that runs 5k rpms? Heard you can walk gears off and dont want that to happen. And water/meth seems to be an ok thing to give a try i guess lol. So what ya think?

if your worried about the gear then just get the bolt on gear. as long as you can suport the water/meth i would do that. the cam would help but dont think it would be needed until maybe later. what are your egts now?

EGT's are pretty warm. Steady down the road at 70mph run around 800 degrees. Was also thinking about a new exhaust manifold. I got the ole stocker on there still. That would help wouldnt it?

You know, you may not need the cam mod right now, but if your motor is going to be apart anyway (you're the guy looking for the head, right?) I would do the cam. You can always add water/meth anytime. Some people just love to wrench, though. Whatever you like!

I just added a water meth kit to help with egt's and it only keeps them barely in check. At 70 mph I can easily run from 1000 to 1200 degrees. I recently had the front wrenched due to a dowel pin tragedy and I am regreting not having a cam put in like I had originally planned. My suggestion to anyone at this point is if the work is to be done anyway have it done to begin with. This will be easier then having to come back later and do it. The meth kit can easily be installed at anytime!!

Yes i do have my truck apart and am just figuring out how to work on these oil leaking 12V. I have friends that have been down the same road that give me a hand. Thats why i figured since the truck was apart it would be a good idea to get it done. Hopefully farmboysdiesel come through with that head. (cant get ahold of the fella) Thanks for the ideas. If i go through with buying something i believe it will be the cam

I have a friend that runs both nitrous and water/meth. He says go with nitrous. But he also blew his duramax sky high with it lol... So many parts and not NEAR enough money!!

Haha I dont know if there is anyway we can get him away from that stuff!! He sprays non stop lol. His brothers 1979 Chevy with a cummins project is a tough one. Might as well talk him into getting it with me. Maybe i can get it cheaper!

Scheids. Not a big cam. Just one that will take a bolt on gear. No pistons being cut or anything.

Find Member COMP461 on here. His name is Greg. He has all sorts of cams for the CUMMINS!

Try and get a hold of him.

2Tone12V,
My vote is the cam as long as the motor is apart.$.02

You can always add the water/meth anytime later on.:blahblah1:

I did it the wrong, expensive way, took the motor apart after I had the head off.:bang

JMHO,
WAYNES WORLD

i vote cam, scheid's is good! havent heard many people brag about lower egts from water/meth..

New cam or water/meth

DWitcher,
Mine seem to be improved, SOP feel. :thankyou2:

Of course I added other things to it as well.:rockwoot:

Let us know what you do & how it turns out.

WAYNES WORLD

New cam from Comp461 it is. And as i posted above no pistons being cut. I lied.... 98Slushbox is in the middle of putting a cummins in a 1979 chevy and hasnt put his motor back to together. So were both going to have it done at the same time to save a couple bucks. Thanks for the help fellas!! Ill let ya know how it turns out. Special thanks to you SmokinCummins!