New clutch rattles??

RogueScottsman

Diesel Bad A$$
OK my stock clutch finally went out, so I told my wife I "needed" a new clutch. I ordered and a 650hp DD from Valair with new shaft. It only took 3 days to put in...obviously this was my first clutch. Everything works fine and damn is it grabby! LOVE IT! BUT.......when I push the clutch in it has a kind of rattle to it??? :nail: Anyone got any clue what it is? Is it the fork? Is it normal or just trying to break in? I really dont want to take it apart again, but will do whatever I need to get it right.

Thanks guys.

Yes that is normal.... Nothing to worry about!

I have the same clutch (NMU70NV45DDSN).. It makes the same noise which is completely normal. It's a little grabby as you described but I was expecting worse. My first reaction/comment when driving it for the first time was, "Oh that's not bad at all!"

PHEW! Great Thanks guys. I'm a helicopter pilot and when I hear an odd noise I freak a little and cant get it outta my head.

Much Gratitude on the quick responses!

I have the same clutch (NMU70NV45DDSN).. It makes the same noise which is completely normal. It's a little grabby as you described but I was expecting worse. My first reaction/comment when driving it for the first time was, "Oh that's not bad at all!"

Yup Ditto on that one. I was really expecting my leg to go into muscle failure trying to hold the clutch in for any extended period of time, but It feels pretty normal. I just gotta get use to either starting in 1st (which I NEVER use to do) or giving it a little more gas while starting in 2nd, or run the risk of sepparating my kidneys from the jerking LOL!:hehe:

Yup Ditto on that one. I was really expecting my leg to go into muscle failure trying to hold the clutch in for any extended period of time, but It feels pretty normal. I just gotta get use to either starting in 1st (which I NEVER use to do) or giving it a little more gas while starting in 2nd, or run the risk of sepparating my kidneys from the jerking LOL!:hehe:

Lmao... I hear ya. Starting off in first helps.. It's just so unnatural in this truck unless I'm pulling a trailer.