New clutch slipping

14hustrp

Cumminskid15
So I just put in anew remanufactured 3250 dd clutch from southbend. First couple days I was real nice and easy on it, never noticed any slippage. Then just yesterday it held fine in 1-4 then in 5th and 6th and punch it about 1800 and it would slip for 100-150 rpms, just in those gears, any ideas?

I believe you need 500 miles on it before you hammer it. 1800 is at the torque peak so it is most likely to slip there.

A couple of days is not enough time for the surfaces to seat in good, they will tell you the same thing I am, take it easy on the truck for the next 500 miles, use the clutch to shift every gear and put those miles on in town. You want the clutch to get some heat cycles and more importantly engage/disengage a good bit.

^^^ all this.

Break it in better. If that don't work, call Peter. He was great to talk to when I did mine several years back. $.02

Did you surface the flywheel when you put it in?

K. I'll drive it some more. But the other thing I forgot to mention and am worried about. There is barely any pedal pressure at all. The old clutch was also a 3250, this one doesn't feel like near the clutch.

The pedal pressure might be worth calling about, are you having any trouble getting it in gear at a stop?

you need alot more time on that clutch, they said to do the 500 mile break in period but i could still slip mine even after 500 miles, right at about the 900 mile mark is when mine would hold the power. both of there clutches i have had were the exact same, it was like 900 miles and all the sudden bam it was a monster and you couldnt hurt it if you wanted to!