New diesel head from MO

Ibsmokin

Never endin spendin
Just introducing myself, had my pstroke for a couple months now tryin to learn all I can about it. Right now lookin to put guages in it right now was wondering if I need a tranny temp guage or not for the zf6. Dont do a whole lot of towing but some. Anybody can help im ready to listen! :thankyou2:

tranny temp guage on a ZF6? really? perhaps youre not ready for compD yet....

Thanks guys. Im bout an hour an half north of stl off 61. Sorry just askin a ?. It has moving parts and oil so it has a chance to get hot, semis have em so just thought I would ask. Hey isnt that why people get on here is to learn and help other people?

I was thinkin maybe too if somethin happened to my pump or cooler it might save me? Its a brand new tranny was just thinkin it might be cheap insurance.

The same tranny minus the cooler and pump were behind the duramax and I belive had some trouble atleast moreso than ford so I say cheap insurance if something happens you will know it

Unless youre hauling what a semi should be hauling, you dont really need to moniter it. Dont waste your money because if you see the tranny get extremely hot and youre not hauling 30K, youve got a major internal problem and its already screwed. You dont see guys hooking with a manual watching the tranny temp for a reason, theres really no need to so dont waste your coin.

Back