New engine and some problems

Smokem, lookin at the paper the 60ccs included the valve reliefs and the bowl. They are factory pistons with all but about 1/16" of the lip remaining. The guys that help me know their stuff, they just pull tractors not trucks. I agree I need some smaller dvs, but is the 5k gsk necessary? I was leaving the line right around 5k and it looks to be fueling up there already. I know ill catch some hell for this too but could part of the problem be no intercooler?

Does it require ether to start? I would think at 12.5:1 it would.

Fires right up without using ether. Not sure on protrusion, block hasnt been decked and i dont think the head was either. Headgasket is standard thickness and is a plain cummins gasket.

Then you don't have 12:1 compression. My motor is 12:1 and anything less then 70 degrees take 1/2 to 3/4 a can of ether to get it to run on its own. Get the air temps close to 90 and it still takes a pretty healthy shot to get it to start and that's on pretty hot fuel I'm guessing your run pump fuel with little added to it.

Smokem, lookin at the paper the 60ccs included the valve reliefs and the bowl. They are factory pistons with all but about 1/16" of the lip remaining. The guys that help me know their stuff, they just pull tractors not trucks. I agree I need some smaller dvs, but is the 5k gsk necessary? I was leaving the line right around 5k and it looks to be fueling up there already. I know ill catch some hell for this too but could part of the problem be no intercooler?

I've seen one 3.4 truck in Ohio that fell on its face without an intercooler. Stuck an air-air on and it took off. That was a while ago.

If the total value is 60CC's including the valve reliefs, with no piston protrusion you would be ~ 14.5:1, with 0.020" protrusion you would be ~ 15:1. You could try and cut the fuel back with a plate, I would leave the delivery valves and AFC, it's a pulling truck. If that 231 housing is T3, which I would assume it is, it may very well be choking the turbine wheel.

Back