New Exhaust Stack!

BilletGarage

Diesel Addict
I finally got my exhaust stack installed. It's a 48" length 6" Miter Cut stack from Dynaflex. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. The tallest portion of the stack sits about 1 inch below the roofline. The stack bracket is from The Chromeroom. Everyone who said that 6.0's straight piped sound awesome were absolutely right! It sounds like a cross between a 747 Jet and a Big Block gas motor. And when you get on it, the sound is incredible! Drone in the cab is bearable on the highway but it's not my daily driver so I wasn't too worried about it. It also appears to be a nice power adder as I ran my fastest time ever last night at the track. All in all, a great mod. Here are some pics . . .

Pretty clean there Mr. Nicely done. Gretchen almost looks b!tchin now ;)

The stack/install came out great Anthony...I'd love to do the same thing but I dont think the baby would like it to much.

06f250sd said:
The stack/install came out great Anthony...I'd love to do the same thing but I dont think the baby would like it to much.

Thanks Jason! LOL Yeah, the little guy might go deaf sitting in the back seat to much.

real nice, im contemplateing doing the same thing, i think the single looks so awsome, i might want mine a little higher tho, but now i can use yours as a reference to talk the old lady into letting me spend some more cash, she wasnt real happy when i ordered the suncoast tranny and converter last week.....

helvis76 said:
real nice, im contemplateing doing the same thing, i think the single looks so awsome, i might want mine a little higher tho, but now i can use yours as a reference to talk the old lady into letting me spend some more cash, she wasnt real happy when i ordered the suncoast tranny and converter last week.....

Thanks! Oh man! You've been spending big money!

Santa Gertrudis said:
Looks great dude! Just how I imagined it. I love the height, its perfect!

Thanks Colin! I am real happy with the way it turned out.

yeah not bad for the stock tranny tho, 170k on the original, but it only lastd a month after all the stuff ive done, hopefully ill be pleased with the suncoast, everyone said use bts, or john wood. shes pretty good bout the money i spend but what the hell??? its just money hehe.:kick:

helvis76 said:
yeah not bad for the stock tranny tho, 170k on the original, but it only lastd a month after all the stuff ive done, hopefully ill be pleased with the suncoast, everyone said use bts, or john wood. shes pretty good bout the money i spend but what the hell??? its just money hehe.:kick:

Yeah, someone should start a technical tranny thread. I personally would like to know what makes one better than the other in technical speak. Like getting down to the clutches, gears, shafts, solenoids, torque converters, etc. From what I've heard the choices are plenty but most seem to gravitate to John Wood or SunCoast for the Ford 4R100 or 5R110. I think I'll post a thread later since I might be shopping for a trans before too long. LOL Good luck with the SunCoast. I'm sure you'll be a happy camper.

hpprose said:
Are you running a muffler or straight pipe?

Straight Pipe. It's a 3.5" down pipe into a 4" mid pipe to 5" flex and elbow, through the 6" Stack. It's pretty loud. :hehe: :rockwoot:

john wood isn't building trans for the 6.0 anymore..( almost 100% sure on that)