New from Georgia

justincase8765

I am in the process of selling my 1961 F100 4x4 Custom Cab. I like the truck but I have decided I want a 1967-1972 Crew Cab. The project will be quite extensive and complicated, but I hope to have a very nice retro-toy hauler when finished. Its gonna be a beastly hauler. I have other toys that I want to pull to car shows, and I think this would be pretty awesome to pull up in.

I have done a lot of research and photoshopped a picture to kinda give you an idea of my vision.

Once I sell my 61 F100, I plan on buying a 67-72 Crew Cab. Im not too picky about the condition, Im only interested in the cab, front clip, and a longbed if its a F350. The F350's are very rare, so Im sure I will end up with a F250 that has the shortbox, and I will have to find a longbox somewhere else.

I plan on buying a slavaged F450 or F550 with a good frame and axles. I have considered buying a stripped chassis from Ford Fleet, but I think the cost will be a little much, and I dont want the V-10 and Steering column.

I want to get a Cummins 12v and adapt it to a ZF6-S650 transmission. I know Ford has some pretty awesome automatics that can handle the Cummins Torque, but Im not thrilled about finding an ECM and wiring harness to control the transmission. I think the ZF6 would be a good compromise of reliability and simpleness.

I do want it to be 4x4. Im a little undecided about mating a NP205 because you have to grind the tailhousing of the transmission. I may just go with the stock transfer case that comes with the ZF6. Dana 60 will be my choice for the front diff.

Anyways, I will be posting in the threads about a few questions I have for this project, so more to come.:rockwoot:

Attachments

• JKH8.jpg
    JKH8.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
  • TRUCK04.jpg
    TRUCK04.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is the CL ad.

1961 Ford F100 4x4 Custom Cab

Someone just took a look at it today and they had a pretty sweet 76 extended cab with a 7.3. Im kinda bummed they didnt buy my 61 4x4, but I think they were professional restorers. :( The truck is pretty straight, but it needs a lot of elbow grease.

Back