New Front End.

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Since I cut the frame just behind the firewall that meant I also cut off the radius arm mount. So I ditched the radium arm I-Beam bull**** and went to find something else. Lamb didn't want to make struts for me. Neither did Strange Engineering. But Chris Alston's Chassisworks would make me a upper lower a-arm kit.

This is the new crossmember. Much lighter than the stock one and it will let me center the motor.

picture.php

And all this stuff bolts to that crossmember. Total weight of the entire front end. 160lbs. And thats brake rotor to brake rotor. Rotors are slotted and vented 11 3/4inch. Coilover shocks. Double Adjustable (cause they are more expensive).

picture.php

Aluminum calipers. Bumpsteer kit for the tie rod ends. Adjustable caster and camber. Urethane bushings.

picture.php

Man those air horns must be loud as #$%&

you think you could get the rest of that crap out of the way and get a better picture of them.

Nice looking front end parts...but how did I miss those K5LA's when I was there ?
Those would have left with me. LOL

They look like train horns... we just put a set on our fire truck. I cant wait to test them out at this parade on Saturday.

Those are Nathan K5LA's...real train horns...not those punk ass 3 bell Omega pieces of junk ome people try to claim as "train horns"

Its been Ibeams for what 40 years now? And King Pins before that.

Great job Doug, that's a very nice front end. It'll defintely lighten things up.

I just installed K5LA's on my Cummins. Two 5 gallan tanks with two 200psi VIAR pumps. I ran them at 150psi for a while, but now at 200psi. They are pretty loud.

I'm proud to say that my name is the prefix to the horns that are the loudest of them all haha
Front end set up looks wicked doug! GoGo White is gonna be one mean ride when it's all said and done!

Great job Doug, that's a very nice front end. It'll defintely lighten things up.

I just installed K5LA's on my Cummins. Two 5 gallan tanks with two 200psi VIAR pumps. I ran them at 150psi for a while, but now at 200psi. They are pretty loud.

I hear you can pull the bells off and port out some restrictions.

Bolted it together. And put some spare 22s on it I had laying around.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back