New guy, conversion in the works...

GreenGo80

Hey all. Been slowly gathering parts for my 1986 power ram 250. Plans are to put a 8.3 6c hooked to a fuller FS 6 speed manual in it. Looking forward to the build and hope ill find help here when i need it. I learn on my own through reading before posting dumb questions so you wont see any of that from me :) Will post some pics soon.

have fun with all that, but you'd be way better off with a 6.7B and a 5600 or G56. Save a lot of money and headache that way

go ahead on her, post up lots of pictures, forrest is going through a lactating phase

Heres a couple. One of the truck and another of the pile o heavy cummins

Attachments

• IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
holy heavy motor! I did a swap like this in and old crew cab and was worried about the weight of a 5.9. the frames are real bad about cracking right behind the motor at the base of the firewall with a 318/360 in them. I re-enforced mine to not have to worry about it anymore. good luck with the project! those old square nose trucks have a soft spot in my heart...

Yeah ill probly cut the frame off at the firewall, box it the length of the cab and then build a 2x6 front section.

Well I think ive gone a few steps further than a lot of guys "talking" about a 8.3 swap. I have an engine and trans sittin in the shop at least. I don't have a 5.9 to use and couldn't find one for the cost of the 8.3.