New guy from NC

CasterTroy

Mostly Motarded
Came here via the REV-X article in 8-lug magazine.

Looked for about 2 years for the perfect truck. Got serious in February.

I got REAL serious after a track day in May up at Shenandoah when a buddy let me tag along in his truck and trailer so I wouldn't have to drive my My exploder and trailer up to the track.

I loved HIS setup so much that eventually I'd like something similar.

Here is his truck and trailer

But to start with I wanted a proper truck.

Anyway, my best friend is a mechanic at Cummins Atlantic in GSO, but I couldn't ever seem to find a Ram that I liked.

I seriously contemplated getting a gasser because of my ignorance of diesel engines.

I'm a 40 yr old mechanical engineer, so I finally just swallowed my fear and considered a diesel. And the one that seemed to fit me perfectly (unfortunately) also seemed to have the most horror stories.

But I found one with low miles and the Oasis report came back clean as a whistle on this one with all scheduled maint done at the dealership. I'm flushing the coolant this weekend, and getting a monitor ASAP.

In the meantime, I joined here to learn everything I can about a diesel engine and what you guys do to yours to make them reliable and make more power.

I'll try not to ask stupid questions...but sometimes I won't know the right verbiage to do a proper search....so bear with me

welcome! these guys are very helpful on here. don't worry bout stupid questions, long as you willing to put up with some crap talk!! hahaha

Back