New Guy Here, From All Over.

AndyMpire

Hello everyone,

A little about myself: My name is Andrew (I go by Andy, or Mpire generally) I'm 26 years young. I just bought a 99' Auto 4x4 QCSB SLT Laramie w/ 202k. It is my 2nd 24v, my last one was an 02' H.O. 3500 SRW that I used as a work/weld/service rig at my previous job (Irrigation Technician, I built Pivot machines and serviced and built wells for the Agriculture Industry in Tx.) I've now been on Active Duty Army service for the past 3 1/2 years as an Military Police K9 Handler. Currently stationed at Fort Benning, GA. I grew up on a dairy farm in Oneida, NY. moved to West Palm Beach, FL before my teens then moved to Australia in 2005 returned end of 2008 after graduating high school and college with a Automotive Engineering Degree. I'm married (4 yrs.) w/ 1 daughter (19months) a Purebred English Black Lab we adopted from a Lab rescue 6 yrs ago and a terrier mix of the same age. I grew up in a hard working Military/Farm/Trade family. Lived in a lot of places and always seem to find my way back to the country.

I've been working on cars, trucks, bikes my entire life. Used to help my grandfather with his oval track cars a lot. He drove Diesels and always used them for towing and I am now becoming more of an Enthusiast of Diesel trucks as a result of being around them so often. so far I've had a 12v 1st gen dually w/ flatbed. the 02' H.O.,03' 2500 LB7 CCSB (totaled), 10' GMC 2500HD CCLB (work truck) 99' 7.3 CCLB (work truck) and now my current Ram.

my truck:

1999 Ram 2500 4x4 QCSB #53 block (sadly)
SLT Laramie
202k miles (current)
leather, heated power mirrors, power drivers seat.
Metallic Dark Green in color.

Leveled on 35x12.50x17 Toyo Open Country MT w/ 3rd gen premium wheels.
Rapid Air intake/ Aero 5" Turbo back exhaust/ Pioneer stereo.
truck has never seen a tuner ...yet, planning on Sun Coast trans soon.

I have been lurking here now for a few weeks to kind of feel it out and so far like what I have seen and decided to join. I appreciate the time it took for ya'll to read through all of that. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the family of great knowledgeable people on here. -Andy.

Andy, that was an awesome introduction! :cool:

Wish more guys signed on this way, much better than the typical "Oraller Intro". ;)

Welcome to CompD!

Mark.

Welcome to CompD and thank you for your service and as stated above thanks for the great intro. You will find a lot of information on here and usually entertainment. Good luck and the search button is your friend.

Thank you for everyone for your support. I've found quite a bit of info on here to be helpful and will continue to do so on a daily basis. I'm in San Antonio atm on leave visiting family so I won't have any updates involving my truck as it is back home in Ga. But here are some pics of it I took after a good cleaning.

3c5905e1616d5de7ac393686523ea8fc.jpg

172d38b811696205dda35c6260d3c7f6.jpg

bf0925b1a800b2932bfd677adfb89ed3.jpg

Welcome! What a great truck, can't wait to see what's next!

Back