New Guy

futrcumminsownr

Hello, This is my first post on this forum. Well I will get to the point I am extremely interested in diesel trucks and I am looking to purchase a 2000-2002 Dodge 2500. I have heard of all of the problems like the VP44 and the 53 block. Other then those issues are there any other issues to look out on these trucks. Also does the 2002 have a chance of being the 53 block, or is the 53 block in 1998.5 to 2001. Once I do end up getting a truck it is going to be fully bombed, I cant get waiting to roll some coal on those really cocky corvette owners. :st:

Mark

I think most of the 53's were phased out by then but it's not like it's hard to just get under and look. And not all 53's have problems. But other than checking the blow by and tranny I would deffinatly take it in and get the fuel pressure checked

Even though its not always true, the newer the better. Also when they are newer most of the time they have less mileage, even though the Cummins will run forever if properlry maintained right.

Always glad to see another one come into the endless relm of ''HOW MUCH POWER CAN I SQEEZE FROM THIS IL6?''
I hope for your sake that you are not married and or have no children because most of your time, wether it be physically or mentaly will be spent on your truck and how you can get that next hp fix.

:welcome:

Haha he's true he also forgot to mention $ spent. :hehe: I don't know if I'd say newer is better. If your looking at auto's 01 and 02's have the HY 35's on them so you'd have to J-hook them to build as much boost as the older ones that use just the normal HX's I think. I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong

My stock turbo on my 02 made 42psi of boost with a drag comp only.

If your going to go crazy power that VP wont be a problem because it will probably come out. If you want as much as power in the cheapest route buy a 94-97. They are already equippied with straight mechanical power. Plus there cheaper then buying a CR

Back