New head ?

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
I am debating on getting a head from Pure Diesel Power that is ported and polished, fire-ringed, valve jobs, the works rather than shipping my head somewhere to get all the same work done. Any problems with that? The reason for the new head is i think mine may be cracked, and the price to ship my head somewhere is half the price of a new one.

I wouldn't think twice about it if your getting it from a reputable source, I personally have no dealings with pure deisel, not cheaper but it would be faster. and if its a "new" head, thats been magnafluxed, polished on, etc. Then it may be worth the money. If time is of the essence the but the new one, if $ is of the essence ship yours out.

I'm awaiting my pure diesel power head. Seems a few on here are running them would good success. I'm only getting the 60lb springs and oring so I won't be able to comment on port work. I'll let you know how it turns out!

I bought a new head from garret. I think it was well worth the peace of mind knowing that it was done rite. I didnt have it ported either and went with o-rings instead of fire rings, 60lb springs, back cut valve and the 5angle seat job.

I have form them as well very nice piece... I saved money by not getting the valvesprings cause i already had them... I also saved money cause after cutting the orings they didnt reassemble it.. I was wondering what and why would you want back cut valves and 5 angle valve job for?? Mine is just a tow rig and not for racing.. My head was cracked between the exhaust and intake valves on the #1 piston... I wonder if there is a way to fix that crack.. If it cant be fixed I am thinking of cutting it up into pieces with my band saw to learn were and how much you can port these things... Good luck you wont regrete the new head...

takes a little more material out for more room to flow & lessens angles, but i think it is just a compliment to the port polish job that i didnt spring for. Other than that I relly dont know.

Back