New here from Texas and now @Hamilton Cams

child9

Hello, my name is Chad Kassem. I've been a gasser since I started working on vehicles 10 years ago, but I've since become enamored with the diesel engine. I like to think I have an affinity for the sciences, and Zach seems to agree, so I work for Hamilton Cams now and am working diligently to make things go fast. Just joined here to kinda lurk and see whats up in the diesel world. I've done a lot with exotics and other high HP forced induction systems, so making this move just feels natural.

I am a strict enforcer of scientific standards and procedure because I want to make things go fast...not sell product. The bean counters hate me because I often don't care what a cost is, nor what the time frame is. The procedure trumps both of those for me. I believe in designing, testing, recording, and building things that solve problems and I use established and accepted scientific procedures to do so. I will not let anyone sway the data. These are reasons why Zach brought me on. I am not perfect, however, which is why I will also have others "peer review" my work.

I have a different mindset than most...for instance it is apparent to me that "black smoke" is really trendy and perceived to mean "power", but I don't think black smoke is cool. All that tells me is there is a lack of tuning, attention to detail, and to some degree, a lack of responsibility. I'm also not a salesman...in fact, quite the opposite. I strive to be an engineer. If I am successful at my job and I help design and fabricate good components, then good components will sell themselves.

As for drama, I don't get involved. I tend to stick to my manuals, research, mathematics, and fabrication. I call my Miller Elite a "happy face" for a reason.

So anyway the Hamilton dragster powertrain is under heavy construction after months of planning and we'll see what happens when the rubber meets the track. I hope everyone here is cool and look forward to meeting some of you at events. Thanks!

-Chad

so, interested in diesels, but no truck listed in sig...... hmmmmm time to find a truck, and dive in head first like the rest of us.

The Jeepra counts as a truck... sort of. Def not diesel though...granted. After everything I just went through over the last 2 years putting a turbo 2JZ in my Cherokee, my wife would f-ing KILL me if I took it out to put in a turbo diesel (despite the fact that I kinda want to).

This is why I want a new 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0L Diesel. :)

ha take it from a vm motori owner, let it get a few refinements first!

From my experience with prototype Fords in Michigan, the first year of a model is the best for someone like me. It will have things wrong with it and might be a little buggy...but they won't have completed MCR (Material Cost Reduction), which is when they sit down and seriously see where corners can be cut and pennies saved. I'd personally rather work out the bugs myself. Besides, I'm the guy who would FINANCE a new vehicle and immediately begin to tear it apart. I void warranties. :)

I WILL TRY to make b-e-a-utiful welds...however, I don't weld that much anymore, so my consistency has suffered. I do a lot more number crunching, formulating, and CAD than ever before, so again, the ability to make perfect dimes is lacking. Aesthetics of the welds has taken a back seat to superior and accurate mathematics and over-all design functionality. I will however, always penetrate while minimizing heat input (minimizing warpage w/ stainless) as much as possible. Things might be 75% beautiful, but 99% work. Ok? Ha.

By your command.

photo1_zps551ef759.jpg

photo2_zpse08c8861.jpg