New Here

braap736

Been looking around on here for a couple weeks, about time to introduce myself. My name is Ryan, live in mid-michigan and have owned diesel trucks since 06. First truck i had was an 02 duramax but got tired of its off road limitations with the ifs front end and low slung frame, also worried about the injectors taking a crap on me. After a couple years with the d-max i purchased a 06 cummings which at first was a great truck. I had the trans built and Edge hot and that thing really ripped but then the fan clutch went out which locked out the PCM (a great design!). Well, it not only locked it out but ended up frying it which cost an arm and leg to fix. So basically the truck stopped running and would not start all because the fan clutch went out, and i did not want that to happen when im up north in the middle of the woods where a tow truck couldnt be. So i sold that and picked up this 1998 12 Valve 4X4 QC/SB about a month ago and have been working on getting it where i want it. Figured id make a thread for my slow but steady build process. Here it is the day i got it:
1302971360314.jpg

After the topper and aluminum wheels:
2011-05-07165054.jpg

2011-05-07165037.jpg

Heres the motor and a pic of the redhead gearbox i just put in it which made a huge difference:
2011-05-07165012.jpg

2011-05-07164954.jpg

Next week the trans will be built by HTS Transmission and then ill try to get some more power out of this thing because the motor's bone stock right now. I would like to be around 300-350hp at the wheels (hopefully with stock hx35 turbo and injectors?). Also will be bedlining the silver portion and behind the flares and underneath the truck to protect it from the michigan salt because its very clean with no rust so far. The only other thing id really like to do and get some power-lock differentials front and rear. Thanks for looking and ill keep you guys posted on future mods.

Nice looking truck man. Same color combo as mine, not alot of those floating around, especially on a 98 model 12 valve.

Thanks guys, forgot to add the FIRST thing I did was tab the kdp. It was out a 1/4"

Back