New IC Boots and less boost?

gavngrav

I have recently had boost fall from 50+psi to 20psi max. I ordered new boot kit from Source Automotive and installed everything tight and correctly. Now, I cannot boost over 5-6psi!! Everything tight and now leaks that I know of. Rail pressure 25k, fuel pressure 15-20k. And a total smoke show and no power. SSR 20's all settings. DDp90's.Arson 3kit, Airdog II, Special 64. Plenty of fuel but no boost or power! :soap:

you think you might have a boost leak?... idiot

on edit. BigNasty, that sounds like it would make way too much sense, I'd rather go on possibly dusting the motor and smoking the world.

Last edited:
Thanks smart asses! Found crack in intercooler! Ordered new one just now!
Man, I wish everyone had all the answers and was perfect, guess there is only a few! No reason to ask for help or assistance on this site!:bs:

Man, I wish everyone had all the answers and was perfect, guess there is only a few! No reason to ask for help or assistance on this site!:bs:
Naw it's good- ya just gotta have thick skin....$.02

There are such things as stupid questions.

There are no stupid questions! Just people that are too arrogant to help someone out! How many times has someone in our diesel family had a "issue" they can't pinpoint and have came to this site for "clues" or "answers" that will help them? Not you? Ever? No matter your level of expertise, everyone needs constructive input or just maybe a "hint" of what the problem could be and how to correct the problem. Not to put down or "belittle" them. We are all in this Diesel community as a family! Just like the people who "smoke out" the streets or act stupid at events, it eventually destroys OUR community! This is the same! If you can't be constructive, Keep your mouth shut! No one likes a SMART ASS.

There are no stupid questions! Just people that are too arrogant to help someone out! How many times has someone in our diesel family had a "issue" they can't pinpoint and have came to this site for "clues" or "answers" that will help them? Not you? Ever? No matter your level of expertise, everyone needs constructive input or just maybe a "hint" of what the problem could be and how to correct the problem. Not to put down or "belittle" them. We are all in this Diesel community as a family! Just like the people who "smoke out" the streets or act stupid at events, it eventually destroys OUR community! This is the same! If you can't be constructive, Keep your mouth shut! No one likes a SMART ASS.

I like myself. You have to like yourself to live happy...... :hehe:

Man you got alot to learn comp d ain't every other diesel forum, comp d is there own, you really do need thick skin to be on the forum, they will roast ya alive

There most certainly are such things as stupid questions. And before you go about telling those of us that have been here a while that we are wrong in the way we treat you and your delicate fuking sensibility, try searching. I'm sure you would have found plenty. On a final note this is compd. Get used to it or get out.

Last edited:
there definately are alot of smart@$$es on here, so get used to it. Half of them pop off before they read the complete post, then go back and edit it. HAHAHAHA

I've been thinking about making a giant airbag that sits in the bed under a camper shell. When I start the truck in the morning I can let it warm up for a few minutes and as the turbo spools up the air will inflate the bag and then go into the intake manifold from there. Once it gets inflated I will have instant boost when I want it because the bag will hold a reservoir of compressed air. It will slowly drain around town of course, but out on the road it will pump back up and be ready when you want to put some guy in his place taking off from a light. If i can find an old set of bagpipes I'm gonna hook them up so they play "amazing grace" when it gets up to operating pressure.

I've been thinking about making a giant airbag that sits in the bed under a camper shell. When I start the truck in the morning I can let it warm up for a few minutes and as the turbo spools up the air will inflate the bag and then go into the intake manifold from there. Once it gets inflated I will have instant boost when I want it because the bag will hold a reservoir of compressed air. It will slowly drain around town of course, but out on the road it will pump back up and be ready when you want to put some guy in his place taking off from a light. If i can find an old set of bagpipes I'm gonna hook them up so they play "amazing grace" when it gets up to operating pressure.

That sounds like one awesome idea:hehe:

Ron, did you stumble upon one of them Canadian Marijuana Pipelines or something?:hehe::hehe:

The animals are restless!... Pitty the poor newbie with an additude that posts up next!
Racinduallie is already loaded with his finger on the send button!