New injectors or Next level on Edge?

How should I ad fuel for towing power?

• Use level 3 on the Edge programmer

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Look into some injectors

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Pizza, beer and those things females have that we all love.

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters

Symon623

Cummins Newb
OK I did a search and talked to tech support at Edge products now lets hear your input.

Rig specs are in my sig line, I just added a HX35 swap in hopes to bring EGT's down while towing..... In the event that they lower should I:

A: check out level 3 on the Edge for towing?

or

B: look into injectors?

Please explain your suggestion.

Thanks

I'm hopin for better results while towing so I can pour more fuel to it for.......... Yep you guessed it. More POWER.

I tow about 6000± pounds plus a 2500± camper.

P1000060.jpg

P1000061.jpg

That looks like quite the large load. (Head Wind Wise). I would say test it out LVL 3 first. I dont think you will find much better EGT control. You should be able to bump the edge to LVL 3 but not support a set of injectors and tow on lvl three.

A level change is something free to test. How is your trans holding up? Usually heavy tows with added power on the stock auto kills them fairly quickly.

Trans has been upgraded but I dont know what has been done, all I know is I pour the coals to it and it never gets hot unless stop and gop traffic towing on a hot day, then maybe 200° F. I have pulled steep grades hard in 114° F temps and the trans never got over 186° F.

Cool Toyota! What are the specs on it? Anyway, I've had a couple people tell me that a set of mild injectors will help bring the injection pressure down so the VP isnt working as hard, therefore lasting longer.

Cool Toyota! What are the specs on it? Anyway, I've had a couple people tell me that a set of mild injectors will help bring the injection pressure down so the VP isnt working as hard, therefore lasting longer.

Now there's some info I would like to hear more about.......

The Yota has an 02 Vortec 4.3, 700r4, 300 case and 60's (Detroits/5.38's) front and rear.

Get a set of RV 275 injectors and run the comp on 3x3 or 3x2, you want the timing, just not the added fuel. You really aren't moving that much weight or wind to already have EGT issues IMHO.

I tried level 3 sub 5 on the way home and there is alot of smoke down low..... not into that so I bumped it back to Sub 3.

Need to do a tow test but that may take a couple o weeks...... :blahblah1: