New injectors

maxwedgehead

I just put some 60% over injectors that have the Bosch Motorsport nozzles in my 06 and I'm not running any chips or programming cause I'm going to be getting efi live but I now got a lope for a short bit when it's cold and sometimes when you shut it off and start it up it has a slight lope. Also when driving at 1300 rpms it kind sounds like an injector rattle? Maybe it's normal but it bugs the **** out of me. Truck sounds great at an idle its so quiet it's unreal and runs smooth but sometimes it sounds like it has a choppy idle. Maybe it's just my paranoid self but I literally can't stand the sound at like 1300 when I'm driving through town. Or is this something efi live can tune out?

The BMS nozzle has caused those symptoms for some on the 06-07.5 trucks. Its odd because some guys complain about your exact symptoms and others state they have no issue. Never the less a choppy idle and a slight lope has been noted by some, guess your truck just doesn't like the change in spray angle when she's cold.

Timing. Without any aftermarket electronics you are running too far advanced with bigger orifices on the injectors. Just think, if you run the same pressure water through a small hole you will get less flow than the same pressure water through a bigger hole. Meaning you are getting your fuel shot sooner. With bigger injectors come retarded timing. EFI Live will fix that. As for the lope, that may be timing, but could be what was said above.

I have Bosch Motorsport nozzles on new Stainless bodies and mine run smooth all through the rpm range.

Timing. Without any aftermarket electronics you are running too far advanced with bigger orifices on the injectors. Just think, if you run the same pressure water through a small hole you will get less flow than the same pressure water through a bigger hole. Meaning you are getting your fuel shot sooner. With bigger injectors come retarded timing. EFI Live will fix that. As for the lope, that may be timing, but could be what was said above.

I have Bosch Motorsport nozzles on new Stainless bodies and mine run smooth all through the rpm range.

That's kinda what I figured. I'm just paranoid all the time.

The BMS nozzle has caused those symptoms for some on the 06-07.5 trucks. Its odd because some guys complain about your exact symptoms and others state they have no issue. Never the less a choppy idle and a slight lope has been noted by some, guess your truck just doesn't like the change in spray angle when she's cold.

Well I've read about the lope problem. But still my rattle at 1300 is annoying

I have 100hp Motorsport injectors and they do the same. Get efi ASAP. I ran stock programming all winter and ended up having to send my injectors back and have them cleaned and retested because of the amount of carbon that was built up from stock timing during start up/idle/cruise.

My truck had an edge juice with attitude when I bought it and I have it unhooked would I benefit from hooking it up and running it on a certain setting? I'm afraid to not be in control of timing and it add too much and melt my motor

Well I've read about the lope problem. But still my rattle at 1300 is annoying
Rattle from the injectors usually means too far advanced. I'm not familiar with what the edge does as far as timing. I only have used smarty stuff for programmers/ boxes

Last edited: