New Intake System

it looks nice, but what a bunch of bs on the gains, it says right in the text up to 300ft. lb. more torque dpending on ecu tune... ok that would be the programmer or whatever else making the power, exactly how much is the manifold helping in making that power??? and the numbers with a stock ecu are a litte much for just a manifold upgrade. oh well, i guess anyone can make awsome numbers with thier product to sell it.

wes

it looks nice, but what a bunch of bs on the gains, it says right in the text up to 300ft. lb. more torque dpending on ecu tune... ok that would be the programmer or whatever else making the power, exactly how much is the manifold helping in making that power??? and the numbers with a stock ecu are a litte much for just a manifold upgrade. oh well, i guess anyone can make awsome numbers with thier product to sell it.

wes

I agree! But they been in the top of air flow tec. for years...if theirs any thing to be gained in air flow they will find it!

I sure dont see 300 ft/lbs their though!

I thought about making my own intake horn. Is there any EGT reduction to be had, or better off not messing with it?

I think it's biggest gain would be from no air heater restriction also...

I want to build a twin horn intake with no grid heater in it but just have lacked the time and interest...

Not sure. It would be a fun little project though. Lets do it. I'll buy some mandrel bent 3inch tubing

Sounds good. Heck, we can make me, you and Michael one if the first one is any good:rockwoot: I was thinking hard on a way to make one like the banks twin ram for your truck. It probably wouldnt have a place for the grid heaters, but i figured on your truck we wont need em anyways.

ROTF...... what a piece of crap.

$400 for a waste, just like all the other cast aluminum hunk of junks.

The heater grid is a restriction. i think it helped my truck more then the intake. I just cut the wire grid out of the stock one...then got a used one off ebay for 20$ to put on in the winter. That was the cheapist way i found to do it!

Back