New IP, New injectors, now blue haze

93-12smoke

In the last two weeks I installed a new injection pump from II and 5x.014 injectors from DAP. I had some difficulty during the initial install and had to pull the pump again. Motor was pulled to tdc, pump timed and then installed. Had a bad haze at idle after bleeding the injectors. I've advanced the timing all that is possible without skipping a tooth and still have a blue haze at idle. This was done to help with the haze and i felt top end was lacking power.

I spoke with Cody from II who first advised the smoke is unrelated to the injectors and i have a motor issue. The motor did not do this prior to injection pump and injector swap. The ksb does not have power to it. Im about to pull the injectors and put the stock ones back in and see if it still has this haze. Cody advised the hazing wouldn't be blue.

I've read numerous articles about haze and 5x.014s but don't know how much is to much and if this haze would be black or blue or red or purple. The motor seems to run fine with no miss and makes good power.

My grid heaters are disconnected, the smoke burns your eyes and nose and it was high 40's here today.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Took them out and they are at a local pump shop now being checked. Pulled them just to change sealing washers and found 5 were soaking wet and already had a ton of carbon build up with less than an hour on them. Think they are crap.

On a side note I'm running the stock injectors for now and get to see how well this performance ve pump from industrial injection is compared to my old one. Lets just say I'm waiting on the warranty to expire so i can do my own work too it!

Doesn't sound too good. I've heard many good things about DAP but never of any problems like this. Best of luck to you.

Got the injectors back on Thursday and installed them last night. Idle is smooth with a slight haze but it's definitely making power now.

I've got no complaints against DAP. I understand that sometimes things get over looked or what not. They had me send them back, cleaned them, reset them and quickly mailed them back.

Back