new lift pump design

oil-burner

have been relocating customers lift pump to the frame rail for years, using vulcan/genos relocation kit,and airtex e7153 pumps (reboxed carter). went to do one the other day,pulled the pump out of the box and it was different looking, thought it was boxed wrong. ordered anther one and same pump in box. called airtex and spoke to the engineer that actully made the new pump. he said they have been working on there own pump design for about a year. he stated that if they sold 100 reboxed carters, they got 150 bad carters back.
he said the new pump design is way better than the old carter style, flows about 10-15% more than the carter design. told him this is all fine & dandy, but it has a male banjo bolt sticking out of one end. they made it this way to fit in the stock location. after talking to him i needed to come up with a way to relocate this pump onto the frame rail. i made a sleeve to accept the an-6 x 12mm fitting in the relocation kit on one end, and a counter bored 12mm thread on the other end. should have the first one installed tonight, will post pics.

scot

Attachments

• DSC01428.JPG
    DSC01428.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01430.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01431.JPG
    DSC01431.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 45
I'm intrested,let me know what parts are needed ASAP.:rockwoot:

should be able to do it with a relocation kit, airtex e7153, and the special fitting.

scot

Where might one get this pump? I am running a set of Kennedy Diesel pusher pumps with a vulcan big line kit to the stocker and would like some info on this new pump.

here's one on the frame rail, at idle a pressure gauge on the inlet of the vp says 16/16.5, while driving around town and flogging it, it dropped to 13

scot

Attachments

• DSC01433.JPG
    DSC01433.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 33
I called 4 different stores today & made them pull it out of the box & they were the old Carter pump so I just got a FASS comming.:ft: