New member from Chicagoland, wondering about SDX 200's?

alaskax

Based on my interests (and past dragging my truck) I thought this would be a great site to connect with!
I just ordered SDX 200's after making only 400 hp on a dyno recently. I had water/meth off, and turbo wastgated at about 60 psi on my R700 BD twins, but TST Comp was at 9, and I expected at least 500 hp. Now I want to make 600 hp. Ordered the sticks, but wondering if I'm going to have trouble with haze, or, "how does it work as a daily driver?", and do you think an SOvp is able to utilize these injectors?
Hopefully my sig is showing up...??
Thanks!
John

You wont have any trouble with those. I daily drive mine with no smoke at all with the comp off and a 62 turbo. Welcome to the site. What part of Chicago land are you from?

Thanks Aaron, funny I found your profile and tried to PM you, but would not let me cuz I had not posted yet! I saw you had these sticks, but you ALSO have the HRVP, but I suppose that should make no difference for "fuel box off" operation, right? Really happy to hear you can drive with no smoke.
So if I could ask, what has the HR done for you???
I'm from Gurnee, 40 miles north of Chicago.
John

My pump makes no difference. It feels like a stock SO pump to me. I dont think my truck would make any more or less power with a factory SO pump. I think you need 10 posts to send a PM. Gurnee is up there for sure. I have been to the mall a few times and Six Flags.

Yes, I'm a few miles from Six Flags.
OK, I'm seeing your HRVP story elsewhere on the forums too. Definitely will not spend the money on that for now, even if I had it! Hope I get a significant increase with the 200's. When I dynoed, there was no smoke at max power. I thought the tst comp would be fueling harder, and maybe my SOVP just was giving all it could, but I'm hoping instead that the twins are the strongest link (I since disconnected the waste gate and have seen 70 psi), and just need more fuel that the 200's will deliver!
Have you run the same setup but with smaller injectors?

Yep. I had 150's from SDX before the 200's. It was a great combo for a daily driver but I knew there was more to be had. Im a hp junky so its never enough. I put the 200's in and could tell instantly that it had more power. I wont know how much until I dyno it. I would not want to run a bigger stick than this with a single 62mm charger for sure. I thought about throwing an s475 under it and then getting some 250's or bigger. I have to be careful though. This truck is my daily driver and it cant be broke all the time. I think im going to get another truck for a toy. If I do that. I will drop back to 150's in my truck. You have more air than me. The 200's are going to wake your truck up compared to those 75's in your sig.

OK, glad I did not get 150's like I was thinking. I've finally learned enough to not "ease" my way up and thus remain broke (money) all the time! The twins was the best single thing ever (after the initial fuel box), increased driving plearsure a lot, reduced egt's several hundred deg. Now just need need to get more fuel inserted. The 75 hp sticks are a $3000 Dr. Performance power option from the dealer when I purchased the truck in 2000, not even sure what they are but they produced that on the dyno, have never had them out. Wow, I'm surprised that with your turbo you could easily tell the difference going from 150-200. I would think the 150's and your drag comp you would get all the fuel you could use. Makes me more excited to get the 200's in- I have not had a "seat of the pants" power increase feeling for some time...

Back