New Member in Winston Salem. Superduty Cummins Project

817gabe

Hey everyone, im taking on a big project so I am joining you all because I will probably need a little help and guidance in the future.

I bought a built 12v Cummins with the intentions of swapping it into a Ford SuperDuty. The Cummins has a ported and polished head, reground street cam, heavy valve springs, 15.2:1 compression, pistons are clearanced for the valves and ceramic coated tops, fully balanced assembly, fire ringed head and ARP studs.

The P-pump has 5500rpm governer springs, Scheid laser delivery valves and Scheid 5x013 injectors. It also has a Twin Turbo kit on it.

Yesterday I bought a 2004 F250 Lariat with the 6.0 diesel from the auto auction. It needs transmission work so I am trying to decide whether or not to keep that tranny and rebuild it or get an Allison to put behind the Cummins.

Well that is where I am at in the project, anyone with suggestions or advice feel free to throw it my way.

No matter what tranny you decide to go with a stock one won't hold up. Welcome and good luck, and be sure to post some pics when you're done.

Yea, there is no stock tranny out there that could hold up to what im gona throw at it. I am leaning toward a built Allison, I think built up it would work out well.

A built 47 will work just fine...no need for the hassle of an Allison and stand alone controller.

^^ he would be the man to know! I know that adapting stuff is a pain and expensive.

Back