New member saying "Hello" and asking for Help!

2004KR

First of all "Hello". I have been coming to this website for sometime now, having a problem now with my truck so I thought I would become a member and ask the guys in the know.

I have a 2004 F-350 King Ranch. It has 108K miles. The only mods are no muffler and edge programmer. I was driving it yesterday when I noticed the Check Gauges light come on. When this happened the trans temp gauge dropped to cold and the tow/haul light came on. I stopped, gave it the old walk around, no leaks, drove it about another 40 miles to where I was headed. It set for a couple of hours, I started it back up and watched the gauges. After about 2 miles the trans temp got up to normal temp and dropped again to cold, check gauges come back on and tow/haul began flashing again. I drove it home that way. Shifting seems ok, just acts like tow haul button is on sometimes. Pushing the tow/haul button makes no difference.

Got in it this morning, warmed it up. Drove about 10 miles before it repeated the same things as last night.

Any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an 06 f-350 king ranch with 50,000 miles on it. When my tow-haul light started coming on by itself I completely lost the trans in about a week. I dont know about the temp guage, but if it drops to zero, thats why the check guages light is coming on. I use custom tunes and do alot of sled pulling, Im sure thats what happened to my trans. My buddy has an 06 dodge, and when he started running an Edge Juice, his truck started shifting weird, but only when the edge is on.

The Edge is not good for the tranny, but you have probably heard that before. It sounds to me like possibly the temp sending unit is bad, causing the gauge to read cold, and thereby setting the check engine light.

The Edge is not good for the tranny, but you have probably heard that before. It sounds to me like possibly the temp sending unit is bad, causing the gauge to read cold, and thereby setting the check engine light.

DalPilot......Just went and unhooked the Edge. Drove truck about 5 miles, trans temp dropped to cold, check gauges come on and tow/haul began flashing. Still no "Check Engine" light.

Where is the trans temp sending unit?

Again, thanks for the help.
KR

Back