New mod's lower boost???

ccoxva

Loafer
I've been breaking my new engine in an something dont seem right to me.A list of mods: I put the industrial type piston in/coated, hamilton big stick cam,215 pump 5x12sdx's, 60lb springs, 3-piece pulse man, BD's B-1 turbo, 4kGSK, 100 plate sitting dead center. BD afc kit, timing at 19* and I think thats all. When you get on it pretty good It's not boosting but like 25 to 30 range??? This thing has no idle around torque now and you gotta put foot on pedal before it will fire up. Yesterday it acted just like my buddies thats got 370's in it, had to keep my foot on the pedal for bout 30 seconds before it would idle on its own.
It just seems like to me that it should have more power and be making more boost than it is. What do you guys think???

Have you tried adjusting the wastegate? As far as no TQ off idle, are you sure your timing is set right? Maybe its higher than you think? Timing being higher could also effect how easy it is to start... but I would also check for boost leaks.

larger injectors can cause your idle to come down. Turn your idle up or get used to holding the throttle down when its cold. Did your new pistons lower your compression at all? You made alot of changes so there are alot of possibilities. What are the dimensions of the b-1 turbo? Try moving your plate all the way forward.

i agree with smokem, i use to have alot of trouble till i reset the govenor with cold startups.

When I first got it running I drove it and the truck would turn 4200 but it wouldnt idle down like it should. I turned the springs in about three more clicks in now it idles down like it should but I dont know were to go from here??? Thanks guys so far for the replies!!!

Back