New Motor?

adambosco

So I drive a 05 250 and it has around 45k on it. The truck drinks and pukes coolant like no other but the other day it just died driving. I was going about 50 and then I had a loss of power and then it died. I started it back up and it drove about a mile the it died again but then it wouldn't stay running for about 6 attempts. Got it to stay running and took it to ford. Well they said I need a new motor and gave me a price of $14,500 and I laughed. I have a after-market intake and they said it ingested something through the turbo due to my intake. The tech did a compression test and 2 cylinders were dead he said, the psi was in the 120s and they are supposed to be in the 500 I think is what he said. What do you guys think? I have a sct but I'm not running it and I don't know what brand the intake is but its a blue filter. I'm thinking a blown head gasket but either way they won't warranty my truck.

Sounds more like a blown headgasket. I would try another dealer as that one seems like they like money a little too much.

Ouch! I'm saying its a lazy, good for nothing dealership and I'd take it somewhere else... No way an intake would cause all that, maybe a dusted charger but not too much else in the low mileage you have on that truck. They're B.S'ing you to try to get more $$$ out of you. Customer paid jobs land more in their pockets than warranty work. Problem is if that's your only option for a dealership or they voided your warranty through ford motor co, you don't have much option but to get a lawyer... Good luck.

Take a look at your turbo charger veins. If they are in good shape, ask them how the suspected debris got past the 30K+ rpm spinning blades without causing damage to them then to the motor. Ask them if they have ever heard of the 6.0 head gasket issues, them ask them how your tail lights look while you drive to another dealership. They are trying to screw you.

Who's to say the Dealer wasn't lying about the cylinder tests too?

Sounds like you may have a wire chaffing issue.

Who's to say the Dealer wasn't lying about the cylinder tests too?

Sounds like you may have a wire chaffing issue.

Maybe, but that wouldn't account for the loss of coolant... unless one of those "wires" is a hose! lol...

I'd go to another dealer as well. No way could a particulate get ingested past the turbo, without grenading that first. I call BS!

Times like this I think it should be ok to post the dealers info, but I think the rules are not to do so. I'd like to know by PM just for knowings sake if you don't mind. Sucks to be all the way up in Alaska, how many Ford dealerships can their be up there? I hope it's just a head gasket, good opportunity to put studs in if you can afford along with the repair. Good luck to you and keep us posted on what you find.

Take a look at your turbo charger veins. If they are in good shape, ask them how the suspected debris got past the 30K+ rpm spinning blades without causing damage to them then to the motor. Ask them if they have ever heard of the 6.0 head gasket issues, them ask them how your tail lights look while you drive to another dealership. They are trying to screw you.

Here it what it SHOULD NOT look like http://www.socaps.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/5624

LOL

or this..
DSC03689.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

Whoa those are bad looking. Mine only has some ruff edges but no pieces missing. The dealer left the intake and 3 glow plugs on the drivers side out so I put those in after I found out where they go and put my intake on. I'm going to take it to a shop and pull the turbo and have the impeller replaced, put the truck back to stock with a borrowed intake and take it to another dealer.

Whoa those are bad looking. Mine only has some ruff edges but no pieces missing. The dealer left the intake and 3 glow plugs on the drivers side out so I put those in after I found out where they go and put my intake on. I'm going to take it to a shop and pull the turbo and have the impeller replaced, put the truck back to stock with a borrowed intake and take it to another dealer.

they left the truck in pieces?! :doh:
i would call and yell at someone there till i was blue in the face!

yeah they thought I would just jump all over on having them put a new motor in my truck. They laughed when I told them if I had to buy a motor I was putting a cummins in. I wish I wouldn't have takin it in because now it won't even start.

Well keep asking questions, you will figure it out. If any thing this will be a good time to learn about the truck so you dont have to fool with the idiots at the dealership. Good luck.