New N. Texas Superduty CR Cummins

black95cobra

Hi all,
Story of my truck, inherited it from my best friends wife in 2010 (really I purchased it, she said she didn't want to see anyone else driving it). It is a 4x4 V10 ZF6 Lariat Crew Cab. I love the truck, so do my kids. Youngest one named it Smash after we destroyed a Tahoe a few years ago, doing only 4 MPH. That was not so awesome, totalled the tahoe, put a small DING in my bumper. I decided that I wanted to convert it to a Cummins shortly after acquiring it. Initial plan, 12v, cheap and easy. After obtaining a good 12v engine, I decided to go with a VP44 engine. After a few months on that plan, my buddy LeeA talks me into a CR engine, after a short conversation on their efficiency. Well, 2 years into the project and 10 or 15K ducks over initial budget, I have an 07' 5.9L with 19K miles on it, studs, fire ringed, Hamilton cam, billet pushrods, stocker over S475, stock G56 with a Valair dual disc, FASS 150, and it will have EFI live.
Me, I'm a wrech turner. I've been tearing stuff up since before I can remember according to my mom. I've alway been a gas engine guy so this is my first diesel project. I'm prior Air Force, I continue to work for the AF but my uniform now consists of bllue jeans and tennis shoes. I'm always looking for things to occupy what little free time I have. Rescently I have started powder coating. I've done alot of items for my buddies with Harleys. As of right now, I'm just trying to get though the wiring of this CR.

Welcome to CompD and thank you for your service. Post some pictures of your conversion.

20131013_223212.jpg

welcome to Comp Diesel and thank you for your service. Good looking project!