New Packbrake

Read about them, heard about them, but haven't seen or used one yet. They seem to be very cool, but are not very powerful as a stand-alone, they need to be combined with a VGT or standard exhaust brake.

Thank.I didn't see that he had posted this are I wouldn't have.

Dale

I'd like to see how its all actuated. Says they are individual components that can be used under individual valve covers, like a 12v. Not necessarily for the 24v only. I wonder if there is going to be issues with valve being partially down when the cam ramps up to open the exhaust on its own. Fast moving rocker into a stationary valve might be bad.

Looking at the schematics on the website, it makes it look like its only designed for 4-valve engines. Boo-urns!

Yes I seen that to.There has to be a problem with a single valve what would hold the pushrod inline.

Dale

I wonder if any 24v cummins can run one?.. I plan on a 5" remote mount exhaust brake too, been looking into a standalone vgt turbo setup alos.. any prices?..would be pretty sick on a 24v p pump ...!! I tried to do a search for a sound clip of one working on you tube and no luck
Thanks,
Deo

This weeper brake works alsome guys. It will almost put you through the windshield.

It would work on the early CR 24v's, but would require a different valve cover gasket assembly. Pacbrake doesn't have plans at this time to release anything for the early model CR 24v's.

They also don't plan on releasing this brake to the general public, only through authorized installers.

Last edited:
Mark, is there any chance that I could do some "testing" with this setup?
I've been trying to get more information but can't seem to get past the phone answering people.

Hey Chris, Hope your doing fine.

Sorry, no. As mentioned this brake won't be released to the public. Only selected installers will be able to get there hands on these babies when they are released sometime this spring. The brake has been tested/running for a year on the shop truck, under different conditions with no problems. We should be pulling the head shortly so the engineers can go over it with there micro scope's. LOL

Nice to see that this isn't a throw it together and run it...seems fine and sell it package. It is going to be scrutinized hard by the engineers to make sure there is not any unusual wear, due to the weeper system.

Just so everyone know's, the brake systems plate will not accept head studs. (well atleast not without modifications to it. Which would mean you are your own warranty holder. LOL )

Sounds promising.
I'll be ready when they (hopefully) become available.
I have two trucks here that are in dire need of some more retarding power.

Any list of the authorized installers?..or how to become an authorized installer?..I don't normally want any one to work on my truck..or want to spend the labor fee, when I can install it myself. I alreadly am my own warranty station, especially when I foot the bill. I'm willing to sign off on all pacbrake liability if needed. I'm sure there are plenty others in similar situations.
Keeping my ears open to updates and news.
Thanks,
Deo

Someday would this system work on a 12v motor this is my Perkins head.
Photo0408.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
therabbittree,

I've argued the fact that many people won't pay the $ to have someone install products on their trucks but the high ups are worried about the volume of potential damage that can be done and amount of tech calls that might be generated by back yard wrenchers.

My stance was to make it crystal clear in the install instructions/warranty papers, that if you install incorrectly or adjust anything outside of the spec's, you have no warranty.

Also I pointed out, many will want or already have head studs and possible after market cam, which will have to be clearly stated....you have no warranty then.

I think it's a shame that we now live in a sue happy sociality. What happened to common sense. You play outside the box, you pay. Simple as that.

2wpuller,

No plans for the 12v. Not saying it's impossible but much harder to figure out how to keep the valves open safely. Also with the market share being much smaller, time and effort might not add up to enough sales.

I can see the higher ups points.That is a big problem on the 12v motors the way it is brake is made it would be hard to keep the pushrod from beating the heck out of all the valvetrain.I guese we can still dream about having one rite.
Thanks

Dale

"LoadLeash"/"PowerLeash" huuummm ...lol

PowerLeash was Macks engine brake for some that may not know.

I must be dated lol, Macks own Engine brake was a Dynatard. They also offered the regular Jacobs brand on the E7's etc.. The Powerleash must have been from a new truck ("new" as in 2000 and newer)
:Cheer:

well crap gess I get a new project. P-pump 6.7 in a 96 dodge cause ther is no way I will ever drive a CR dodge