New stuff coming your way.

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
Just to let you know we are working on our new line of steel cams. I am hoping to be releasing them in the next two to three months! Stay tuned as we are doing some testing now.

We also just placed an order for a Common rail injector test bench! Should be here in the next week. I more or less bought this machine for the same reason I got into cams. When I got into cams many of the other manufacturers were not willing to give specs and were more or less implying that how their cams worked was mysterious and hokus pokus. They wouldn't take the time to explain or even give specs and explain how theirs was better than the competition. Some still operate that way believe it or not.

This is exactly how most injectors are being sold to this day. Some use vacum or air pressure through a nozzle to quantify their flow while some others actually use test flluid on a test bench. I would love to see everybody on the same page as far as flow rates and HP ratings.

The second problem I see in the aftermarket is that a lot of people that send their injectors in to be tested are told they are bad regardless of whether they are or not. I have had it happen to me numerous times. Yes, I am implying that people in the diesel industry lie. I have a set of injectors that has some good and some bad, I plan to test them, video the results and then send them out to see who the honest people are in the industry.

Next month we hope to start offering Dodge CR and Duramax injector testing for a reasonable rate. The benefit is really that we will send a report with the injectors and tell you exactly the shape not just that they are all bad.

If I can get some of the programmers on here to release some timing maps I hope to be able to video the interaction of the different spray patterns with different pistons. I am tired of leaving the most important part of a diesel engine to people that refuse to give specs to the end user or explain how their injectors are superior. I am looking forward to busting some chops and informing the consumer.

Zach Hamilton

Sounds good what you are trying to do. I have a question about the steel cams. Are you making one for a 12v street truck application? And what's better about them?

Really our Bigstick core is run well over 5500 all the time in big pullers and is sufficient for 99% of all people. On grinds over .375" lift the core has to be machined down which weakens a cast cam. Also we are working on some roller profiles which will work best with steel cams.

I suggest that steel cams never be run in a street application unless it has roller tappets and bushings in the block.

Even though our new cast cam is fine for most all applications, some people still want a steel cam. I plan on giving them exactly what they want.

Zach

sounds real nice Zach-

Hamilton Cams..... if you want to get a straight answer!!

( i see some more t-shirt ideas coming- lol)

nice zach keep up the good work. I still dont know what size of injectors I have LOL

Bout time you started doing injectors! Lol! I'm sure glad you are! Will you be doing any of the vp injectors? Or are you doing only cr injectors?

very cool Zach! Wish there were more people in the industry like you. Good luck man.

Thank you very much. Also to let you know we just took delivery of our new lightweight retainers for our 24v springs. THey can be added to any order as an option for the high rpm guys.
Weazel, Yes our test bench will flow and pop 12v and 24v injectors as well as duramax and dodge cr injectors.

Zach

Last edited:
I would like to try one of these cams, I think with the triples and all it could be pretty cool.

I am testing one in my brothers puller to see how it works with OE tappets and blocks without bushings. After this, I would be happy to get one to you.

One thing that is different about this cam from others steel cams is that it starts life close to its initial shape and is then forged before it is machined. I believe this forging process will make our steel cam more durable and a better value. Forging the core provides a more uniform grain structure that conforms to the parts shape as opposed to a piece that is milled from bar stock.

I would like to see how 6.4 injectors flow compare to stock duramax and CR injectors, as well as bigger injectors, I have a set of stock 6.4 injectors i can send you to see if you can get them to test up.

We are just getting the flow bench setup. I will check on that adapter and should be able to test those in the next few weeks. Right now we are set up for d-max, CR dodge, 12v and 24v or anything with a 12mm or 14mm inlet.

For any of the guys turning big rpm that are wanting our new retainers, they are $199 for a full set. Made in the USA!

Zach