New Tires / Wheels

coon smile

hey all. im ready to purchase a new set of wheels and tires for my truck. just looking for tires that wear well on the street/highway and still maintain an aggressive look. im pretty much open to any wheel that looks good. LOOKING FOR OPINIONS/EXPERIENCE and most importantly...

POST UP SOME PICS OF YOUR TIRES/WHEELS ON YOUR RIGS!!!

im having a difficult time deciding on a good combo and i need your help!

i cant believe 35 ppl have viewed this thread...NONE of which have opinions on tires/wheels for their rigs

What size wheel do you want? Mud terrain or all terrain for the tires? I love the looks of my Helo 8 wheels, and I've got 33" Toyo A/T tires. I had 35" Toyo M/Ts on before and I like my A/Ts a LOT better.

get some kmc diesels in 20" with Toyo open country a/t's or m/t's

What size wheel do you want? Mud terrain or all terrain for the tires? I love the looks of my Helo 8 wheels, and I've got 33" Toyo A/T tires. I had 35" Toyo M/Ts on before and I like my A/Ts a LOT better.

wheel size: 16-18"

tread: aggressive looking AT

tire size: i think a 33" is a good size, which is what im currently running

Cooper S/Ts look aggressive, handle good, and wear GREAT.

X2 on the Cooper's... and I like these Centerlines I have, though they aren't offered anymore. Weld has one VERY similar though.
DSCF2198.jpg

I also like the H2 wheels...
Competitionstance.jpg

And the plus side to the H2 wheels is you can get a great deal on 35" tires if thats what you want. I got 5 wheels and tires with 0 miles for $600.

Also, I do plan on getting both sets powdercoated black, not a fan of shiny wheels anymore... to high of maintanence.

Last edited:
Nitto Terra Grapplers are an aggressive looking nice wearing tire IMO and a set of 18" Black Helos would look nice on your truck

the wheels i wanted were on back order way too long so i went with a eagle alloy series 079 chrome 18x10 w/ nitto terra grappler 325/60/R18

nice choice. I had some eagle alloys on my old truck. After market look but not too fancy and as far as the tires, I had nitto terra's and they wore good for me but not aggressive enough for me. I have the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's on my 6.0 and love them. Seem to be wearin well and look good. good luck on the new treads man

The pro comp at's handle great, are light, and are very quiet. They're also supposed to last a long time..

mickey tompsons have some good tires also running the mtzs and i like them they also have the atzs which is more of an all terrian tire. The mtz my buddy has gotten 40,000 out of them and he pulles his 10,000lb trailer for 4 months of the summer.

thanks guys...appreciate the info

so far i love the way the tire handles compared to my last set

I'm a bit late but........ wheel is a little big, but you get the idea on the design.. Helo Max 8's. I've run nitto terra grapplers on their twice now and they're nothing to get excited over. Decent tire but I've had better. I have always like any BFG tire I have run. But they are far too pricey for my 20" size. My next choice was between the Cooper SST's (Heard a lot of good about them) and the new Hankook RF10's. The Hankooks aren't quite as aggressive (looking) but they beat out all other 35" tire for a 20" wheel by 500 lbs a tire. So that's what I'm going with.

have any pics of the new setup yet?

Attachments

• calender1.jpg
    calender1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: