New to Diesel

jakesaunders06

Alright guys i've read tons of posts around CompD and the site is great. I'm still having problems figuring out how to DIY stuff to make some HP and cut some of my lag and smoke. I bought my '96 about 4 months ago and have just ordered gauges and my KDP hit about a month ago so its goin in the shop next week to be repaired. So my question is can someone let some light on some AFC, fuel plate, turbo, etc. info to help me out. I'm pretty mechanically inclined however without a diagram to know what i'm workin on sometimes i have trouble. The truck is sittin pretty stock for now. Any help would be great!!! Also lookin for anyone around Southern OH on here to maybe talk to about events and things. Any links to pump info, cause I enjoy learning all i can and i know that is where the real HP and torque numbers are made.

Thanks, Jake

just do a search on afc mods. thats what i did its kinda confusing to try to understand just by reading the stuff. once you get one apart it will all make sense. someone else will jump in i'm sure and inform you on plates/turbos and tell you more about the afc.

welcome to the circus!

it is quite simple once you see everything apart!
and sorry to hear about your KDP, that's why they call it killer, you know!!!!!!!!!!...

here is where i learned about the AFC and cam plate.
http://www.dieselram.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/233205/page/1#Post233205
im not sure if you can view it as a guest, but if your not a member, JOIN UP! very smart folks on there.

and here's my #100 plate i made (and yes guys, i sanded it down smooth!)
DSC00004.jpg

Back