new to diesel's, need advice????

sanity

I own a GMC gasser now but have always wanted a diesel. I don't know what to get but have sorta decided on an 06 F250. The one i found is bone stock. What mods are best. I hardly know anything about diesel but want to learn. I saw that most people use sct for programmers and heard yall talk about getting Doug or Dj to tune it. What is the difference between them tuning it and just buying a sct programmer????

Also what other mods???

going to put some kind of bigger mud tires on it. But will only be pulling a mid size boat and some four wheelers. want to get the most power i can but dont want to compromise the relilability in the future. want it to be loud, loud and heard mbrp was the best.

any input?????????????

well there is so much you can do. I run 4 inch straight pipe turbo out. Sounds good normal driving but fairly loud when you honk down it. Tires depend on you i like a 305 simply for the fact no mods are needed to make it fit,but a 315 sure looks good. Tuners go sct, talk to eric at innovative diesel
410-620-3020 he rights some very good files and his extreme files,well there is no one else that can do it like he can,, and most important is customer service is #1 . We do the same thing with GM's we just dont programme the fords.

ok thanks for your input. I went to the mbrp site and found many types of exaust systems. which 4 inch straight pipe turbo out are you talking about??? 652 932 I also saw that they sell stacks. A friend of mine has stacks and he loves them and so do I. Is there any difference in the exaust u are talking about and stacks (performance, sound...)??? The first regular 4in system was $932, the stacks were $652. Why are they cheaper, I would think stacks would be more???

Possibly cheaper due to the type of material or lack of tips/stacks. A 4" straight pipe that costs $932 is probably T304 stainless steel. Check into MKO or Grand Rock for cheaper yet just as good of quality exhaust. If you live anywhere that they use road salt a lot or if your exhausts rusts easily go with a T304 or T409.

I agree, Grand rock is the way to go for stacks. Great kit, reasonable, and good service.

The best mod I did to my 6l was pull out and replace it with a common rail cummins....And trust me....I tried everything for the 6l:hehe:

The best mod I did to my 6l was pull out and replace it with a common rail cummins....And trust me....I tried everything for the 6l:hehe:

You did not. Come on Rob. Lets not open this can of worms.

Get an sct from innovative. Trust me save your money dont by banks, dont ask me how I know. lol What a waste of money.

exhaust,gauges,intake,sct. If you want anything check the supporting vendors here. DJ's is no longer in business by the way.

Back