New to ford, fuel upgrade questions

Red_ver_2

amateur samurai
So I'm probably picking up a 6.uh oh cause it's
too good of a deal to pass up. All billet beefed suncoast trans, fire ringed and studded, new vvt turbo(questions about that for another day), sct tuned. Truck was built by Mike Hallis. Well the fuel system needs to get upgraded now to keep up with the rest of the work.......what am I getting into with that? I'm a Dmax guy and mostly didn't care about the oval enough to do homework beforehand. New sticks and a FASS pump seem obvious, but what else needs to happen? What kinda pump is the truck running in the first place? And what is that sct tuner capable of doing, or do I need a better programmer?

I know it's alot of questions fast, but I got some edjumukation to get fast. Thanks in advance guys.

Pretty Sure that The SCT is the Programmer to have on a 6.0, just may need some custom tunes to make your engine really put out all she's got

fuel question response

Fass pump is good idea. Sct tuner is as good as it gets. On ours we plumb
the system like a race car - with regulator and a return line. Many people don't know that 6.0 & 6.4 were designed to run on MINIMUM 45 cetane fuel.
Ford sells a fuel additive that raises cetane to 47. We sell Syn-Diesel fuel
that is 63 cetane. [ Yeah it's 10.00 a gallon} but it provuides a 10 percent
increase in power plus it burns cleaner and doesn't come out of the ground
{ important if you live in the gulf} !!!. You will also need to do away with factory fuel filters and go aftermarket as well.

Skip the Fass, too many pump failures!! I'm running a 1/2" pick-up with 1/2" line to my A1000, then 1/2" line from the pump to the filter. From the filter, two 3/8" lines feed the back of the heads and return out the front. Oh, and I have an Aeromotive regulator mounted where the stock regulator was mounted. I'm running a set of Casserly injectors and at WOT, I haven't dropped below 60psi. Just my $.02

Back