New to the forum

namell87

garage insanity 24-7
I am new to the forum I am a ford diesel technician. I guess thats why i baught a cummins. My rig is a 2004 2500SLT quad cab. I am curious on how this anti spin differential works inside the AAM 11.5 axle? I am very familar with lockers and limited slips but if I am reading correctly these trucks use a work gear torsion system? any truth to this, any pic's available from some one's rebuild or replacement? What are the opinions on this system I am origionally from the snow belt and now live in the desert so soft, slick, or uneven surfaces are common for my regular driving? Any information is much appreciated.

Yea the 6.0L gives me nightmares stupid branch tubes that disconnect or the endless egr/ turbo system problem. the list goes on and on as everyone knows. I will say though once all that crap is fixed and replaced correctly there a decent engine.

Well what i have found out is perplexing. jacked up the truck put in neutral spun one tire the other would not. put in gear spin a tire the other spins opposite. Now I did some "testing" in some sand, hard pack, and asphalt both tires burn. I can drift and do donuts with both tires lit up also. Seems to work flawlessly with 73287 miles on it. The DSA option seems to work flawlessly. Unsure whay other people are having problems with there's. I remember while working at Ford we had a few come in with same problems but they used clutch packs. I found they had been built loose from the factory rebuilt them and worked good. I also had one with the limited slip option but there never was one installed at the factory. Good job Ford. had to swap out the carrier and all was better. From my understanding this carrier in the dodges uses a torsen style gear to control power to each axle I don't really see how this would fail or not work with out exploding if this is the case. If anyone has pictures of this carrier please send me one to confirm my thaughts.

Back