New Tranny

peobryant

1st Genner
I am eventually going to need to either rebuild my current transmission or get another one. I have been told that the '94 and '95 second gen dodges have the 47re or 47rh (can't remember which one) that will bolt right up to a 1st gen. Has anyone ever done this, and if so would I have to get it out of a 2wd truck because my truck is 2wd, or could I get it out of a 4wd? Also, is it even worth it to swap these transmissions? Is there more aftermarket products for the 2nd gen tranny? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I'm kinda new to these trucks.

Thanks in advance,

Parker.

I just put in a 47rh and for me, it was worth it. I gave 4 bills for a good stock trans/converter/flex plate/ starter/ and engine adapter. I put it all in. You will need a 2wd like yours and will need to lengthen the shifter linkage and fab the Kick Down cable bracket. You will also to lengthen the holes in the Xmember bracket to move the trans rearward 1 1/4". That is a true measurement too. OH and you also need the 3wire plug that operates the OD and converter lock up.

It wasn't much harder than just swapping trannies. But the lockup converter is nice, it's almost like a second OD watching the rpms fall 150 when locked makes me :woohoo: !

150 RPM is like a second overdrive?

My first overdrive drops my RPM's by 900. :evil

Our trucks have 30 gal. tanks, and Ramchargers have 34 gal. tanks. I'm assuming thats the reason he did it, its the only difference that I know of.

I just put in a 47rh and for me, it was worth it. I gave 4 bills for a good stock trans/converter/flex plate/ starter/ and engine adapter. I put it all in. You will need a 2wd like yours and will need to lengthen the shifter linkage and fab the Kick Down cable bracket. You will also to lengthen the holes in the Xmember bracket to move the trans rearward 1 1/4". That is a true measurement too. OH and you also need the 3wire plug that operates the OD and converter lock up.

It wasn't much harder than just swapping trannies. But the lockup converter is nice, it's almost like a second OD watching the rpms fall 150 when locked makes me :woohoo: !

Heck ur converter must be real tight if your rpms only drop 150.. I did the same thing as you but I got mine for 5 bills.. Mine drops like 300 rpm easy when I flip my little switch