SOOTBANDIT

93 1ton 2wd dually
4.10 5sd getrag
Pump turned up 1/2 turn from run away
Grounded fuel pin I believe I'll check
3200rpm spring
Hx35 turbo
Claimed 40hp sticks 4x ??

183k on the clock going to look at it no guages middle aged guy seems to be pretty knowledgable bout 1gen's. with current mods that I have listed I may of missed something this is all new to me.

Do I need studs?
Will the clutch hold towing?
I will buy guages if I buy truck, Wat should I typically see in boost and egts with this set up?
Truck will be on road 100% no big power here just working thanks

I can't believe the middle aged guy didn't have gauges. With 190s and a Hx35, and all free mods, I could peg my pyro. I'd pass on studs unless you plan on going big later. It's not needed really until after 45ish psi. Some hold more some don't. I'm not too sure on the clutch, maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in. 4.10 and a 5 speed are going to be pretty low. Stackx2 swopt out a set for 3.55. Try it out though.

I can't believe the middle aged guy didn't have gauges. With 190s and a Hx35, and all free mods, I could peg my pyro. I'd pass on studs unless you plan on going big later. It's not needed really until after 45ish psi. Some hold more some don't. I'm not too sure on the clutch, maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in. 4.10 and a 5 speed are going to be pretty low. Stackx2 swopt out a set for 3.55. Try it out though.

Thanks he has a set just had no time yet to put in says he knows the risk and been easy so who knows

If the mileage is real bad empty ill prob yank the 70 out and put a spare 80 I got with 3.73 in

373 would be a little better suited. Johns towed some heavy loads with 355. 410 just seems super low unless your running taller tires.

Well it has 215-85/16 on back and 265/85/16 upfront think I'm better off buying the 265 to help or will it not help much?

And it has 3in to 4in up to 5 in stacks no muffler will it be super loud or pretty tame? He said when he ditched the h1c for 35 it tamed the drone down some

With these upgrades should drive pressure be an issue? I'm coming from my 11 6.7 and been through this whole hg issue bs tired of it. So I'm trying to educate myself and learn ad I go

With high revs a tighter housing could choke out on top. I'd turn the pump down or put guages in right away like you said. Its going to be pretty loud with the single turbo straight pipe. As for the tires, rubber ain't cheap these days. Run em till there bald a d see how you like the gearing, then make your decision. You should have a good tow rig after you do some minor tweaks.

With high revs a tighter housing could choke out on top. I'd turn the pump down or put guages in right away like you said. Its going to be pretty loud with the single turbo straight pipe. As for the tires, rubber ain't cheap these days. Run em till there bald a d see how you like the gearing, then make your decision. You should have a good tow rig after you do some minor tweaks.

Ok forgive when you say choke out on too Wat do you mean? Tires ate already bald as a babies ass lol so more than likely ill go with stock tire size I forgot to mention it also has a set of alco's on it.

Choke out means it won't flow enough. Like the exhaust housing is too tight and chokes out. Alcoa's will look nice. I've seen a 2wd with alcoa wheels and it looked good. Try and find a tire that is a little taller maybe to help out with empty cruising.

My guess is that its running POD injectors and being turned up like that will get hot in a hurry. If its still running the Sachs clutch and not slipping you should be ok. My guess is the way its set up its going to be loud, hot and Smokey trying to pull a trailer. If it is running PODs i would look for a better injector that runs cleaner and cooler. As for tires run a 235/85/16 its a bit taller then the 215.

If I was going to be towing quite a bit behind I would leave the 410's. My truck towed like a beast before I changed them to 355's. But my fix for that was adding more power. :D

Last edited:
So how do you tell if they are POD's? And how much money for a set that would work better if they are POD's?

So how do you tell if they are POD's? And how much money for a set that would work better if they are POD's?

Scratch that just spoke with him he said when he picked them up a guy told him they were not POD's but if there is way to tell if I buy this truck I would like to know

There is really no way to tell. PODs are a 4 hole injector. And the are really smokey and hot. The only way that i know of that you can tell is to have them tested.

There is really no way to tell. PODs are a 4 hole injector. And the are really smokey and hot. The only way that i know of that you can tell is to have them tested.

Ok we'll guess if I get ill throw a pyro and see Wat it does. So with the way it's set up if they are not pods Wat kind of temps should I see?

Even with stock sticks and a maxed pump you will still max your egts. even if they are upgraded injectors it should make nice power you will just have to drive it with your foot