new truck need advice

05ex

Ok guys I am getting an 06 2500 quadcab short bed bighorne edition all black with a leveling:tree: kit on and of course a cummins:rockwoot: auto. All I have everf had are ford powerstrokes and two of them. My excursion is pretty damn fast and going to this truck it feels slow but has a lot of torque. This truck is totally stock with 55 thousand miles on it. I am looking to make the truck faster by using a chip/programmer that wont kill tranny and an exhaust and intake. So what are your suggestions guys? O and i want smoke.:st:
Thanks 05ex

If your looking for a tranny safe application, then an Edge EZ would be a good extra 70HP.

If your looking to later build the trans and go for more power, You could stack a TST fueling box with the EZ for lots of power.

Another good option would be the SMARTY - but I no how it goes with a stock trans, you always think you can turn it up a few power levels for a few miles and not hurt the trans.

Lavon

I had good luck with the edge juice/attitude with an intake and exhaust on the stock tranny....until I turned it up a few levels for a few *cough* hundred *cough* miles...:evil

I would look into installing an airdog or FASS for better filtration. From that point going to a smarty is a nice upgrade. As mentioned you will need to use the lower levels to help with longevity of your trans but you will also have the ability to turn it up if/when you do upgrade the trans. A good air intake is also a nice addition for your truck.

spend your money FIRST on torque convertor & valve body.

then spend money on programmer/modules.

better yet, do what i'm doing, get a Garen Brothers complete tranny with billet input shaft for just 4200 installed.

Get a Smarty, with it's huge power range(around 30hp up to 200+hp) you can do what ever you want.
Tranny won't last long after SW6 though so I would go with what Chasen said, before getting to crazy.
Put in some gauges or something to stack with the Smarty with a monitor.
Good luck, you can go ahead and sell those Fords for the new Tranny.:hehe:

Jcummins said:
Get a Smarty, with it's huge power range(around 30hp up to 200+hp) you can do what ever you want.
Tranny won't last long after SW6 though so I would go with what Chasen said, before getting to crazy.
Put in some gauges or something to stack with the Smarty with a monitor.
Good luck, you can go ahead and sell those Fords for the new Tranny.:hehe:

well said sell them powerjokes for a suncoast.:bow:

I've had great luck with my DTT trans, I've got 10k on it now and Its still holding strong.

I started with the smarty also got an intake cut the muffler out. Then I found a good deal on an edge ez got that. Then I got a snow performance stage 2 off ebay. Lets say that 10 wot passes have made my torque converter start to slip. Now I have to drive it very carefully for a week before my hts will be here. Also knowing you want smoke cause I had a 02 psd and it smoked bad a$$. The dodge will not smoke like that mine is way more turbo effecient even though I had a garrett ball bearing in my psd. Good luck Horsepower will get your tranny even babying it like i did.