New turbo exhaust fit??

Hitchedup

Tell me if I'm on the right track here, if not please explain.

I have a new ED turbo (60/68/0.70) ready to install. My truck has a 4" AFE turbo back exhaust now, Stainless.

The existing down-pipe (stock turbo) appears to be necked down some just before it attach's to the straight section.

The new stainless HX40 down pipe came with a 15" piece of 4" with one end mandrelled.

Holding these parts up there it looks like I will have to calculate the length needed, cut the pipe behind the necked down section and have the remainder mandrelled for the new extension.
Let me know if this sounds correct.

Thanks
( mandrelled-mispelled, but you know what I mean!)

96 12v, nv 4500 4wd, KDP X'd, BHAF, 4:10s, Autometer Boost and Pyro, Isspro fuel, AFE 4", AFC mods, #11 plate, 60# springs, 4gsk, Valair DD Organic, working out bugs!

you can cut the flared part off and use a band clamp to hold them together if you cant figure anything out

Sorry, in the middle of figuring out if I can put an exhaust brake at the joint where the two come together. Guess it's called a inline. Got a email in to Pacbrake about availability for the AFE 4" tubing.

I assume that would mean I need to weld the pacbrake flanges to the stainless pipe? At least on the turbo side. Is that correct?

The welding is no problem, just have to put stainless flux core wire in the little feeder.

:thankyou2:

Last edited: